NCS Pearson Wins $83 Million NAEP Scoring Contract and Settles Minnesota Scoring Lawsuit
- Federal File. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;03/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p36
Presents news items of interest to students and educators in the United States. Defeat of Matthew G. Martinez, a member of the House education committee, in the primary election for Congress; Allocation of funds for postgraduate studies by the Department of Education.
- Grants & Gifts. // Community College Week;12/23/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p18
Presents updates on grants for community colleges in the U.S. as of December 23, 2002. Title III grant from the U.S. Department of Education received by Brookhaven College in Dallas, Texas; Grant for the expansion of the vocational program of Sisseton Wahpeton Community College in Agency...
- Education Department continues support for Title 111. C.D. // Community College Week;03/24/97, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p3
Presents information on the continued support of funding by the United States Department of Education of Higher Education Act programs. Annoucement by Education Secretary, Richard Riley on continued support of Title 111; Who are recipients of Title 111-A programs; Total amount of funding...
- More money for charters. // American School & University;Oct99, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the amount in grants awarded by the United States (US) Department of Education for charter schools. Purpose of charter schools; Number of charter schools in 1998-1999; Remarks from US President Bill Clinton.
- Reading First update. // Reading Today;Dec/Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on the Reading First grants of the U.S. Department of Education. Priorities of the grants.
- LI Works Coalition program gets boost. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/19/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p12A
Reports on the Long Island Works Coalition's receipt of a technology grant from the United States Department of Education.
- HOPE may promote affordability for many students. Dervarics, Charles // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/13/97, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p6
Features the federal HOPE Scholarship of the United States (U.S.) Education Department. What the scholarship will cover; Reference to a report, Investing in Quality, Affordable Education for All Americans: A New Look at Community Colleges.'
- Grants for Foreign Language Training and International Studies. // Language Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p13
The article focuses on the International Education Programs Service (IEPS) which is being offered by the U.S. Department of Education to foreign language trainings and international studies by teachers and students in the U.S.
- IDEA-Related Grants Provide Funding Opportunities for Clinicians. // ASHA Leader;2/18/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the availability of fiscal year 2003 discretionary grant applications from the U.S. Department of Education, including the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) grant competition. Grant competition deadlines that may be of interest to audiologists, speech-language...