Takeover bids give Index welcome boost
- Minerva back in takeover talks. // Estates Gazette;1/22/2011, Issue 1103, p42
The article reports on the third corporate takeover approach of real property developer, Minerva, in London, England.
- Allders primed for Â£125m sale. // Cabinet Maker;11/29/2002, Issue 5315, p5
Details the possible sale of department store chain Allders to Minerva in Great Britain. Amount offered by Minerva for the company; Lack of management experience by Minerva in operating a retailer; Declines in the sales of Allders.
- Minerva offer lures Allders shareholders. // Estates Gazette;2/8/2003, Issue 306, p45
Focuses on the move of Minerva to raise its bid for the department store group Allders in February 2003. Statement issued by Minerva Chief Executive Officer Andrew Rosenfeld; Details of the bid.
- Takeover talk gives a lift to Allders. Friars // Cabinet Maker;09/24/99, Issue 5156, p7
Reports business status of Allders company in Great Britain. Consolidation between Allders and House of Fraser (HoF); Consideration of a bid for HoF by retailers; List of companies facing financial problems. INSET: Share update..
- Trio deny Bentalls' bid. // Cabinet Maker;06/15/2001, Issue 5242, p3
Reports that Selfridges, Allders and Minerva have cast doubt on suggestions that they will bid for department store group Bentalls.
- Store of energy. Wheatley, Catherine // Estates Gazette;1/26/2002, Issue 204, p70
Reports on the expansion plans of Allders department stores in Great Britain. Remarks from Harvey Lipsith, chief executive of Allders; Value of property assets; Proposal of property company Minerva; Store formats developed by the company.
- A word from the wise. Gibson, Robert // Estates Gazette;1/18/2003, Issue 303, p50
Deals with the criticism against the bidding of Minerva with former Bhs chief executive Terry Green to acquire the Allders department store chain in December 2002. Information on Minerva's business; Importance of Allders to Minerva; Implcication of the bid; Description of Minerva's building.
- Minerva silent over bid for Allders. // Estates Gazette;11/23/2002, Issue 247, p41
Reports on the reaction of Minerva on issues related to a bid for Allders. Rumors on the involvement of Baugur, an Icelandic retailer, as the bidder; Comment from analyst Miranda Walsh on the issue.
- House of Fraser eyes up Allders. Santry // Cabinet Maker;09/24/99, Issue 5156, p1
Reports plans of the House of Fraser to acquire Allders company in Great Britain. Notion about the agreement signed by both companies; Purpose of the agreement; Factors attributing to the acquisition of Allders; Announcement of drop profits by Allders.