Revamp prompts sales increase
- Chain stores fail to respond to recovery. // Cabinet Maker;7/12/2002, Issue 5295, p4
Lists several furniture stores in Great Britain that failed to respond to market's recovery as of July 12, 2002. Allders; Courts; Merchant Retail; Marks & Spencer.
- Share index up, but directors cut and run. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;12/12/2003, Issue 5368, p6
Reports on the increase of the share index in the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain as of December 2003. Profit losses of SCS Co.; Losses of Merchant Retail Group; Sale by company directors of their own shares.
- Sweet smell of success for some. // Cabinet Maker;2/4/2005, Issue 5424, p6
This article reports that Merchant Retail gained 21 points, with strong seasonal figures driving the shares to the top of the six month trading range. Although the bulk of sales and profits are attributed to the Perfume Shop chain, the de Gruchy department store in Jersey resisted the sector...
- Revamp for de Gruchy. // Cabinet Maker;06/08/2001, Issue 5241, p5
Reports the investment of department store operator Merchant Retail Group for the renovation of de Gruchy store in Jersey, Great Britain. Layout of the store; Style and design of the store; Increase of operation profits.
- MRG smells more profit in perfume. // Cabinet Maker;7/16/2004, Issue 5397, p6
Reports that department store operator Merchant Retail Group is to close its four mainland stores in Great Britain to concentrate on its fragrance operation, The Perfume Shop.
- Atlas signed to launch Perfume Shop campaign. // Marketing (00253650);11/25/1999, p4
Reports on discount fragrance retailer The Perfume Shop's hiring of Atlas Advertising to create its first advertising campaign. Trial press, poster and postcard campaigns in Glasgow, Scotland; The Perfume Shop owner Merchant Retail Group's expansion plans for the brand into electronic commerce...
- People… on the move. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;6/4/2002, p26
Reports several promotions of human resources executives in Great Britain as of June 2002. Selection of Melanie Wadeley as executive director of Merchant; Appointment of Viv Miles as head of performance development of commercial radio company GWR; Role of executive Karen Gabriel in the...
- Cabinet Maker portfolio profile. // Cabinet Maker;1/21/2005, Issue 5422, p6
This article reports that Austin Friars has created a Cabinet Maker share portfolio by notionally investing 10,000 pounds in five companies: 3,000 pounds in GUS, 2,000 pounds each in Kingfisher PLC, Merchant Retail and AGA AB, and 1,000 pounds in ScS Corp. During the year he will occasionally...
- Asian influence boosts Kingfisher. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/2005, Issue 5418, p6
Reports on the performance of several furniture industries and retail trade sector in the financial market. Shares of Kingfishers; Disappointment in Merchant Retail's sales; Increase in share prices of MFI.