Keeping up the pressure
- Four vie for Â£42m Argos and Homebase account. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;5/15/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the interest of various companies on the consolidation of the Argos and Homebase Inc. in Great Britain. List of companies interested in the consolidation of Argos and Homebase; Terms of the deal; Comments on the consolidation of Argos and Homebase.
- Homebase takeover means even more growth for Argos. // Cabinet Maker;11/29/2002, Issue 5315, p1
Reports the acquisition of Homebase by Argos in Great Britain. Financial terms of the deal; Statistics on the sales of Argos; Figures on the operating profits of Homebase.
- Flat sales at Argos, weather affects Homebase. // Cabinet Maker;6/22/2012, Issue 5793, p11
The article focuses on the 2012 first quarter sales report of the company Argos and its sister company Homebase Inc. which was reported to be low due to poor weather.
- Homebase and Argos put on positive Q1 growth. // DIY Week;6/27/2014, Issue 5757, p3
The article reports that retail store operators Homebase and Argos performed well in sales growth in the first quarter of 2014.
- Argos and Homebase owner reports falling sales. // Cabinet Maker;9/16/2011, Issue 5755, p8
The article reports on the declining sales of Argos and Homebase Inc. in Great Britain.
- Wesfarmers completes Homebase acquisition. Clarence-Smith, Louisa // Estates Gazette;3/5/2016, Issue 915, p03
The article reports that Australian retail group Wesfarmers has completed its purchase of home improvement retailer and garden center Homebase from Home Retail Group on February 27, 2016.
- Double cheer for Homebase. // Cabinet Maker;11/1/2013, Issue 5859, p8
The article reports that furniture retailer Homebase has recorded a sales increase of 4.4% as of August 31, 2013 and has its sister company Argos exit examinership.
- Argos takes over Homebase. // Housewares;Dec2002, Issue 171, p30
Reports on Argus Retail Group's acquisition of Homebase Inc. in Great Britain.
- Waban puts Kmart back at square one. Lieback, Laura // Discount Store News;4/14/97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
Reports about the outcomes of the merging disagreement between Kmart Corporation and Waban Incorporated's Homebase company. Comments of Bob Burton, Kmart's director of investor relations about the issue; Effects of the disagreement to Waban Incorporated; Information about the original agreement...