IN THE LOOP
- Exploiting the rights in the agreement. Owen, Lynette // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer92, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p41
Stresses that the exploitation of a full range of rights is necessary to make publishing projects economically viable. Setting out by publishing contracts of the division of proceeds between the author and publisher; Categories of exploitation in the publishing industry; Extent of the scope of...
- Bound for glory. Cardozo, Erica K. // Entertainment Weekly;3/10/95, Issue 265, p61
Focuses on the trend in publishing in which authors have self-published, sold big, then signed with major publishers. Example of Richard Paul Evans and his first novel, `The Christmas Box'; The large advances these authors receive; Other advantages to signing with a large publishing company;...
- Confessions of a first reader. Sorrels, Roy // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Oct95, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p26
Presents tips on how to get a manuscript published. Addressing of manuscript to editor specifically in charge of one's manuscript type; Inclusion of informative cover letter.
- The practice of simultaneous submissions. // Gifted Child Today Magazine;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p9
Cites issues of concern to publishers regarding practice of simultaneous submissions. Interest of publishers in authors who are interested in them; Belief by writers that simultaneous submissions trigger a bidding war; Tips on how to hasten the review process.
- Editorial. // A Contracorriente;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, preceding p91
The article presents brief information about the journal's publishing activities including details about its policies for publishing and selling books as well as guidelines for authors who wish to submit books for publication.
- About the Publisher. // Software Conflict 2.0: The Art & Science of Software Engineering;2006, p283
The article provides a brief profile of publisher, DeveloperDotStar.com.
- Stop Sweating Me! Osborne, Gwen // Black Issues Book Review;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p62
Provides information on self-publishing. Experience of several authors; Importance of creativity in self-publishing; Background on related books. INSET: Self-Publishing: What You Should Know Before You Begin.
- Book Title, Vol. (if any)/Thesis Title. // Journal of Computer Science & Technology (JCS&T);2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p109
The article presents the format and guidelines submitting a book review and thesis overview to the "Journal of Computer Science & Technology."
- The unique challenge of Theytus Books. Lahey, Anita // Quill & Quire;May2000, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the challenges facing Canadian publisher Theytus Books concerning the books published by aboriginal authors. Identification of words and phrases used in the books; Indication of cultural sensibilities and paradigms; Principle of oral and print tradition.