AMS Acquires Two U.K. Book Distributors
- AMS Eyes More International Expansion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p10
Reveals that international expansion is a top priority at U.S. publisher Advanced Marketing Services (AMS). Holdings of AMS in Great Britain; Percentage of the company's total revenue in 2002 accounted by international markets.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p7
Highlights the financial performance of book publishers in the United States as of May 15, 2000. Increase in HarperCollins' revenues; Increase in Advanced Marketing Services' net sales; Increase in Noodle Kidoodle's total sales.
- Ex-Ad Director for AMS Pleads Guilty in Federal Case. Kovach, Lisa // San Diego Business Journal;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the guilty plea of former Advanced Marketing Services Inc. (AMS) advertising director Marcy Wilson Roke to two counts of conspiracy and one count of wire fraud in San Diego, California. Involvement of Roke in a scheme to defraud AMS customers while propping up its net profit;...
- Strong qtr. for AMS. // Publishers Weekly;1/26/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 4, p10
Reports third quarter 1997 revenues for Advanced Marketing Services. 33% rise in revenue; Amount of increase in net income; Reasons for the increases.
- AMS has record year, will pay dividend. // Publishers Weekly;5/25/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 21, p16
Discusses earnings at Advanced Marketing Services (AMS). First dividend being issued; Profits in fiscal year 1998; Reasons for improved financial status.
- Advanced Marketing Services Has Another Record Quarter. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/2/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 31, p12
Reports on the earnings and sales reported by Advanced Marketing Services (AMS) for the first quarter ended July 3, 1999. Increase in revenues and net income; International sales of the company during fiscal 1999; Comparison on the number of publishers where AMS bought books in 1997 and 1998.
- AMS Book Sales Remain Steady; Company Reports Net Income of $3.1 Million. // San Diego Business Journal;7/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p19
Reports on the sales of Advanced Marketing Services Incorporated, a distributor of books based in San Diego, California.
- AMS Reports 11 Percent Hike in Net Income. // San Diego Business Journal;5/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p32
Provides an overview on the financial performance of the Advanced Marketing Services, San Diego, California-based distributor of books to warehouse chains. Increase in net income for the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2001; Increased profits per share; Net sales for the year.
- Book Distributor Reports Upswing in Earnings. // San Diego Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p33
Reports on the earnings guidance taken up by Advance Marketing Services Inc. for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2003. Amount of earnings per share and net income in the second quarter; Information on the acquisition of Publishers Group West of Berkeley by Advanced Marketing.