Deal Unites Two Leaders In Recovery Books
- distribution daybook. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;11/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 44, p21
Presents updates on issues and events related to book distributors in the U.S. as of November 1, 2004. Move of Cardinal Publishers Group to include publishers of alternative health titles to its clients; Extension of the distribution agreement between Hazelden and HCI Communications; Move of...
- Hazelden Looks Back, Moves Forward. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;4/13/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 15, p19
This article focuses on the business strategy of Hazelden Publishing.The company publishes books for audiences beyond its core market, the addition/recovery community. According to Sid Farrar, director of editorial and trade for the book publishing arm of Hazelden, the press is renewing its...
- HCI Serving Up Chicken Soup For Reading Souls All Over The World. // Book Publishing Report;09/04/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p5
Reports on the growth of Health Communications Inc.'s publishing business since it started publishing the Chicken Soup book series in 1992. International expansion of the country; Annual revenues of the company; Other titles published by the company.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;2/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p6
Presents news briefs on partnerships and acquisitions in the U.S. college publishing industry as of February 2002.
- High Time for Revolution: Two Immodest Proposals. Block, Chip // Circulation Management;Jan2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p59
Comments on the application of distribution models for periodicals' distribution in the U.S. Solicitation of response on the use of audit rules; Opportunities for partnership deals in the business; Discussion on payment fees for cable television services.
- Bloomsbury and Elle Girl to launch 'Sex in the City-style' teen books. // Marketing Week;1/23/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the partnership between Bloomsbury Publishing and Elle Girl magazine in Great Britain. Publication of book series 'Gossip Girl'; Target market; Launch of a texting campaign.
- Magazine distributors pursue partnerships. Kulpa, Jennifer // Drug Store News;4/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p33
Provides information on the partnership of magazine publishers and distributors in the United States, which is considered crucial in the supply chain. Historical perspectives on magazine distribution; Description of category management and SKU rationalization.
- A happy experiment. Laird, Gordon // Quill & Quire;May99, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the publishing partnership between Arsenal Pulp Press and Mercury Press for the launch of novel 'Jane' in Canada. Difficulty of author Judy MacDonald in choosing between the publishers; Collaboration between the two presses on past projects; Arrangement on the problem with the...
- Partners in publishing. Graham, Anne // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;3/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p86
Focuses on partnerships in publishing. Benefits of partnerships in to companies in publishing; Comments form Al Rickard, vice presidents of communications and public affairs for the Greater Washington American Society of Association Executives; Why association publishers are troubled by these...