Independents Trade On Their Differences: We're Not A New York Times Bestseller Store'
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;9/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p5
Reports on bookseller Hungry Minds Inc.'s earnings for the quarter ended July 31, 2002. Increase in total revenues; Major business activities during the period.
- Borders posts record revenues, eyes stock-value boosting options. // Book Publishing Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p4
Reports on bookselling chain Borders Group Inc.'s 1999 earnings in the United States. Factors contributing to the company's posting of record revenues; Borders' earnings per share; Comparable store sales at the company's superstores.
- Sunny Outlook for Florida Distributor. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/2/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 40, p38
Reports on an increase in sales for Florida-based BookWorld Services Inc. for 2000. Value of the company's sales; Factors attributed to the increase in sales, according to Ronald Ted Smith, president of the company.
- Scholastic Reports Solid Gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the increase in the earnings of the company Scholastic in the third quarter of 2000. Factors that led to the increase; Sales performance of the company; Information on the distribution efforts of the company.
- BARNES & NOBLE SEES SLIGHT DROP IN PROFIT. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;3/1/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that book distributor Barnes & Noble had its profit shrunk by 1 million U.S. dollars to 80.2 million U.S. dollars by January 30, 2010.
- Revenues Rise at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 30, p9
Reports on the profit posted by Simon & Schuster in the U.S. for the second quarter ended June 30, 2002. Reasons behind an increase in the profit of the bookseller; Comparison of the profits of the company during the first quarter and second quarter; Goal of the company for 2002.
- Book Sales Fall at Reader's Digest: Jobs Cut. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/7/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 40, p13
Reports on the revenue posted by Reader's Digest from global book sales in the fiscal year ended June 30, 2002. Amount of the revenue; Reasons for the decline in revenue; Dismissal of employees at the company.
- Hastings: Book Comps Up, but Earnings Off. // Publishers Weekly;11/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the earnings of Hastings Entertainment in the third quarter of 2002 ended October 31. Increase in comparable-store sales of books; Total revenue; Increase in the company's net loss.
- As Bad As Last Fall Was, Leading Booksellers Aren't Expecting Much Better For Autumn 2002. // Book Publishing Report;8/26/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p3
Reports that the leading booksellers in the United States are not expecting better profits for the autumn of 2002. Increase in the bookstore sales of Barnes & Noble Inc. in the second quarter; Outlook for same-store sales at Borders Inc.; Absence of blockbuster books in the summer.