Race-neutral Individualism and Resurgence of the Color Line: Massachusetts Civil Rights Legislation, 1855-1895
- ON THE REFUSAL TO ACCEPT FOR CONSIDERATION THE COMPLAINT OF CITIZEN ADEL' VIKTOROVNA GRISHCHENKO AS NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE FEDERAL CONSTITUTIONAL LAW 'ON THE CONSTITUTIONAL COURT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION' Reynolds, Sarah J. // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;Sep2001, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p18
Discusses the grounds for the refusal to accept for consideration under the provisions of the federal constitutional law in Russia. Judicial protection; Civil rights; Verification on the basis of citizens' complaints; Nonnormative acts of federal bodies of state power.
- ON THE COMPLAINT OF CITIZEN ADOL'F IVANOVICH GENIN REGARDING THE VIOLATION OF HIS CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS BY POINT 1 OF THE SECOND PART OF ARTICLE 122 OF THE CIVIL PROCEDURE CODE OF THE RSFSR. Reynolds, Sarah J. // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;Sep2001, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p53
Reports on the Russian court ruling on a case involving a complaint against the violation of the constitutional rights of a complainant. Compensation for harm; Judicial protection of rights and freedoms.
- ON THE COMPLAINT OF CITIZEN PETROS MKRTIEVICH TERZIIAN CONCERNING THE VIOLATION OF HIS CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS BY THE PROVISIONS OF ARTICLES 159 AND 199 OF THE CODE OF ADMINISTRATIVE VIOLATIONS OF THE RSFSR. Reynolds, Sarah J. // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;Sep2001, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p58
Discusses the legal basis of complaints governing the violation of the constitutional rights of a citizen in Russia. Confiscation of property; Imposition of sanctions; Constitutionality of legal norms.
- A Fight for Rights. // Scholastic Action;1/14/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p21
The article provides information on the history of the Civil Rights Act in the U.S.
- PAST LEGISLATIVE MOVES IN CIVIL RIGHTS. // Congressional Digest;Nov63, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p260
Investigates past legislative moves on civil rights in the U.S. First ten amendments to the Constitution; 13th amendment abolishing slavery; Enforcement acts passed between April 1866 to March 1875; 88th session of the U.S. Congress held to enact an omnibus civil rights bill.
- EXISTING LAWS AND AGENCIES INVOLVED. // Congressional Digest;Nov63, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p262
Focuses on existing laws and agencies involved in the civil rights legislation in the U.S. Equal rights under the law; Property rights of citizens; Civil action for deprivation of rights; Conspiracy to interfere with civil rights; Federal agencies involved including Department of Justice Civil...
- The School Prayer Controversy. // Congressional Digest;May84, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p131
Explores the controversy of the Senate Joint Resolution 73, a proposed amendment to the U.S. Constitution relative to prayer in the public schools in the U.S. Conflict for the propagation of prayers in public schools with the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution; Employment of several basic...
- Undermining the Constitution. // Saturday Evening Post;12/16/1933, Vol. 206 Issue 25, p22
Comments on the threats facing the value of the U.S. Constitution. Insinuations being made against the charter of order and liberty by a segment of vocal element in the society; Emergence of various administrative measures to the Supreme Court seeking for a constitutional test; Change made to...
- The 1964 Civil Rights Act. Williams, Juan // Human Rights;Summer2004, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p6
This article evaluates the condition of the 1964 U.S. Civil Rights Act as of June 2004. Forty years after the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, it is hard to understand and even remember the furious battle over the passage of that law. Today, in 2004, with more than a third of the nation...