Giving better care
- Hackley Plans New ER As Patient Volumes Climb. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p23
Reports on the plan of Hackley Hospital in Muskegon, Michigan to develop an emergency room to accommodate future of volumes of patients. Average increase in patient visits in the hospital as of December 2, 2002; Factors to which the growth in patient volumes is attributed; Hospitals that have...
- Systems uses computer model to buck the urgent-care trend. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;10/10/94, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p48
Features the use of a computer model in the emergency department of the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital and Health Center in Tacoma, Washington. Features of the program; Comment by Ted Walkley, director of emergency services for the MultiCare Health System; Uses of the computer model;...
- Danbury Hospital plans outpatient expansion. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/13/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the plans of Danbury Hospital to construct a $44.5 million outpatient facility to free up space in the main buildings of the hospital in Danbury, Connecticut. The new building is designed for projected growth in inpatient admissions from an aging baby boomer population....
- What Is A Hospital? Sarudi, Dagmara // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2000, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p17
Deals with the regulations set by the EMTALA law that require hospitals to establish strict protocols in handling patients with potential emergency conditions at off-campus departments. Terms and conditions in the regulation.
- Health care growth continues in Hendricks County. Morrison, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/27/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p11A
Reports the growing hospitals in Danville, Virginia. Expansion of the Hendricks Community Hospital; Assessment on the emergency room visits; Increase on the comfort of patients in hospitals; Conversion of semi-private into private rooms.
- Hackley's Prescription: $11M Emergency Department. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/22/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p17
Reports on the plans of Muskegon, Michigan-based Hackley Hospital to construct an emergency department. Volume of the hospital's annual emergency department visits; Capacity of the department; Design of the emergency departments.
- New St. Joseph's service. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;6/26/95, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p17B
Reports that St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center's emergency department in Syracuse, New York, opened a Fast Track service for patients with minor illnesses and work-related injuries. Profile of Fast Track project.
- Access to acute care in the setting of emergency department overcrowding. // CJEM: Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine;Mar2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p81
Presents the joint position statement of the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians and the National Emergency Nurses Affiliation on access to acute care amidst the overcrowding of emergency departments in Canadian hospitals in 2003. Access to emergency and hospital care; Improvement of...
- Understanding the causes of overcrowding in emergency departments in the Capital Health Region in Alberta: a focus group study. Estey, Angela; Ness, Kathleen; Saunders, L. Duncan; Alibhai, Arif; Bear, Robert A. // CJEM: Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine;Mar2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p87
Determines the perceptions of health care professionals and service providers with regards to emergency department (ED) overcrowding in Canadian hospitals. Definitions of overcrowding; Characteristics of overcrowded ED; Causes of overcrowding in the ED of hospitals.