Things Can and Will Go Wrong
- Rules we live by. Ott, Bill // Booklist;10/1/96, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p376
Presents a list of quotations inspired and influenced by Murphy's law.
- Don't Guess--Measure. Brandt, Michael T. // Circuits Assembly;Sep2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the importance of measuring processes and materials for effective control of electrostatic discharges. Acccurate definition of problems; Specification of equipment for measurements; Types of measurements for application.
- Is ESD Still a Problem? Brandt, Michael T. // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the 23rd annual Symposium held in Portland, Oregon regarding the future of electrostatic discharge (ESD) problems. Several anecdotes displayed during the convention; Possible measures to reduce ESD problems.
- ESD: standards or real-world conditions? Hutchins, David W. // Environmental Engineering;Winter2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on electrostatic discharge standards (ESD). Information on ESD; Kinds of human body model ESD standards; Types of devices that provide ESD protection.
- Features of the Electrode Erosion for Discharge-Current Amplitudes above 10[sup 5] A. Bogomaz, A. A.; Budin, A. V.; Kolikov, V. A.; Pinchuk, M. �.; Pozubenkov, A. A.; Rutberg, Ph. G. // Doklady Physics;Jan2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p1
Presents the results of studies of electrode erosion in a dense medium at discharge-current amplitudes exceeding 10[sup 5] A. Nonuniform ingress of the electrode material into the discharge channel; Oscillograms for the electric current and the voltage in the discharge gap.
- Preparation of Single-Walled Nanotubes with the Help of a Ni/Cr-Based Catalyst. Bezmel�nitsyn, V. N.; Domantovskii, A. G.; Eletskii, A. V.; Obraztsova, E. V.; Pernbaum, A. G.; Prikhod�ko, K. E.; Terekhov, S. V. // Physics of the Solid State;Apr2002, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p656
The high-yield synthesis of single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) is carried out in an electricarc discharge using the Ni-Cr alloy as a catalyst. A new method of introducing the catalyst into the plasma hot region is used in the synthesis. In this method, the anode with a sandwich structure...
- Electrical and optical characteristics of inert-gas plasmas in spatially nonuniform electrode systems. Shuaibov, A. K.; Shevera, I. V. // Technical Physics;Nov97, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p1254
The characteristics of unipolar and bipolar corona discharges in mixtures He/Ar/Kr, He/Ar/Xe, and He/Kr/Xe at atmosphere pressures in electrode systems of the point-plane and point-grid type distributed along the length. It is shown that bipolar corona discharges can be used in the preionization...
- Study of the leader of a spark discharge over a water surface. Belosheev, V. P. // Technical Physics;Jul98, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p783
This paper discusses an experimental study of the leaders of incomplete spark discharges with a capacitance of 0.1 and 1ï¿½F over a water surface when the initial voltage is 3ï¿½6 kV in discharge gaps 8 and 22 cm long, having side branches and without branches. The distributions of the...
- Self-consistent development and fractal structure of leader discharges along a water surface. Belosheev, V. P. // Technical Physics;Apr99, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p381
Ideas regarding the development of single- and multichannel leader discharges over water surfaces are generalized on the basis of experimental data. The Ohmic conductivity of water is found to be manifested in the self consistency of their dynamics and fractal structure. The fractal...