Transformation Information into Competitive Advantage
- How to manage all that data. Brody, George // Frontline Solutions;Nov2003, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p8
Offers suggestions for companies to harness the value of the increasing amount of data. Collection of information from a variety of devices; Integration of the information with existing systems to determine an appropriate action; Need for a software infrastructure layer to address the...
- Have OLAP, will travel. Cimino, Daniela // Software Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p22
Presents information on the advantages to be found in being able to use the tools which enable one to perform online analytical processing (OLAP) on the Internet. Products released by vendors of OLAP, such as MicroStrategy Incorporated and Cargill Incorporated; Complaints of OLAP customers;...
- new directions in Scientific Software. DeWitte, Mike; Bolton, Steve // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p51
Reports developments related to scientific software in the U.S. as of January 2003. Creation of an enterprise-wide quality management; Promotion of a tighter integration laboratory data system; Improvement of the operational efficiencies.
- Think Out of the Box When Implementing PDM. Hoover, Samantha // Quality;Aug99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on the application of out-of-the-box product-data management (PDM). Factors that makes out-of-the-box PDM appealing; Average installation time of out-of-the-box PDM; Its capabilities. INSET: When to go in for the long haul.
- Mother lode! Francett, Barbara // Software Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p61
Discusses the need for scalable solutions to very large database (VLDB) for better-handling of records. Experience of CVS drugstore in managing their VLDB; Features of Decision Series 2.1 used by Wal-Mart for storing their VLDB; Other problems with VLDB. INSETS: Life, the universe, and...
- ORDER OUT OF CHAOS. Bolles, Gary A. // CIO Insight;May2003, Issue 26, p87
Provides tips and information on how content management systems work. Definition of the information with clear labels; Evaluation of the kind of information central to most of the critical task of the company; Integration of computer software in an easier manner.
- Complexity Complicates Database Upgrades and Migrations. Mullins, Craig S. // Database Trends & Applications;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on how the increasing complexity of database management systems (DBMS) complicates database upgrades and migrations. Factors to consider in determining when and how to upgrade to a new DBMS release; Impact of the language used by the programs on DBMS release migration.
- Focused solutions bring PDM to the mainstream. Miller, Ed // Computer-Aided Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p60
Reports on companies' increasing use of focused product data management (PDM) solutions. Applications of PDM; Challenge faced by vendors as a result of PDM success; Warning for prospective buyers of the systems.
- extract those attributes. Fane, Bill // Cadalyst;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p50
Provides the steps to transfer data stored in block attributes for use in other computer programs. Creation of attribute definitions; Insertion of blocks; Extraction of attribute values.