Preceed Introduces New Lead-Free Solder
- Component Rework: A Small World and Getting Smaller. Walz, Mark J. // Circuits Assembly;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on reworking and repairing of micro surface mount devices using various techniques and tools. Dimensions of the electronic board used in the study; Sequences in the rework process; Development of rework thermal process; Removal of defective components.
- Low-temperature solders. Mei, Zequn; Holder, Helen A. // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Aug96, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p91
Discusses the application of low-temperature solders in surface mount assembly processes for products that do not come in contact with harsh temperatures. Thermal shock reduction; Selection of low melting alloys; Wetting and solderability; Reliability and long-term stability; Thermal fatigue.
- The New Era of Wave Soldering. Fields, Julie // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p26
Discusses the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of wave soldering for surface mount components production. Debate over the scientific need for lead-free soldering; Other ways of minimizing production cost. INSET: Solder Processing: Two Case Studies.
- A Robust Lead-Free Process. Westby, George // Circuits Assembly;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p20
Outlines the steps that surface mount technology industry can take to ensure a successful lead-free process. Selection of proper materials and equipment; Development of a lead-free process by analyzing the data collected; Vigilance over various process that are constantly being improved.
- EVENTS. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2015, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p96
A calendar of events for the surface mount technology industry from April-May 2015 is presented including the Intermountain (Boise) Expo & Tech Forum in Boise, Idaho, the Atlanta 19th Annual Expo in Georgia, and the International Conference on Soldering & Reliability 2015 in Markham, Ontario.
- Selective Soldering: Wave Soldering Redefined. Zarrow, Phil // Circuits Assembly;Feb2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p20
No abstract available.
- Lead-free Solder to Bring Back Vapor Phase Soldering? Kenyon, William G. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the consideration of the impact of vapor phase soldering on lead-free solder adoption. Replacement of heated air in convection ovens during the days of eutectic tin/lead solder over vapor phase; Introduction of a series of vapor phase soldering fluids in the study; Legislation issued...
- Coming Soon: Lead-free Soldering in America. Biocca, Peter // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on issues concerning the use of lead-free soldering and questions the stand of North America to continue producing its leaded products. Establishment of guidelines for the inspection process in lead-free soldering; Question whether North America will turn its back on the lead-free...
- Surface-Mount Anachronisms. Zarrow, Phil // Circuits Assembly;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the chronological errors in the surface mount technology. Challenges in wave soldering; Performance of pick-and-place machines; Impact of technological evolution on machines and entire companies.