A Commitment to Excellence
- New age gator. // All Hands;Jul98, Issue 975, p23
Introduces the first LPD 17 ship of the United States Navy named San Antonio. Capabilities of the vehicle.
- State of the art ships built for high-tech sailors. Thompson, Jason // All Hands;Jul98, Issue 975, p24
Offers information on the USS McFaul (DDG 74), a warship of the United States Navy. Training of the ship's crew; Significance of technological improvements on McFaul; Comments from the ship's crew. INSET: Untitled (information on Chief Engineman Donald L. McFaul).
- Cave dwellers. Schafer, Ron // All Hands;Jul98, Issue 975, p18
Looks at what it is like to live and work in the well deck of an amphibious vehicle of the United States Navy. Importance of a well deck; Its features; Comments from sailors who work on well decks. INSET: What goes into a well deck?.
- How the Navy SEALS train for leadership. SCHRAGE, MICHAEL // Finweek;6/25/2015, p59
The article presents the author's views on training provided to the U.S. Navy's special operations forces, the SEALs, for leadership. Brandon Webb, an innovative SEAL trainer/ educator redesigned the SEAL training course curriculum. It further discussed four training themes of Webb's course...
- Navy Efforts To Reduce Ship Fuel Use Showing Positive Results. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;7/1/2008, Vol. 239 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Navy for reducing fuel consumption of its fleet. It mentions that the Navy is looking at technologies which are being used by the commercial industry in this regard. It states that stern flaps for surface combatants is one technology which has been...
- Drydock for Sailors. // Time;9/4/1972, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p61
The article focuses on the rehabilitation program for alcoholics servicemen in the U.S. Navy. It says that the rehabilitation program was meant to treat alcoholics rather than give them punishments. It mentions that alcoholism is one of the factors in discharge of servicemen. It states that the...
- FLEET AND FAMILY SUPPORT PROGRAM. // All Hands;Jan2009, Issue 1102, p12
The article features the Fleet and Family Support programs (FFSP) for U.S. Navy and their family under Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC). It discusses several programs categorize under family readiness, fleet readiness and housing programs provided through educational classes and...
- McNeill Elected Senior VP At NLUS Winter Meeting. // Sea Power;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p55
Reports updates about the Navy League of the United States. Election of Sheila McNeill to senior vice president; Award presentations during the 2002 Winter Meeting of the league; Details of the meeting.
- Navy Reestablishes U.S. 4th Fleet. Gragg, Alan // All Hands;Jun2008, Issue 1095, p6
The article reports on the reestablishment of U.S. 4th Fleet by Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Gary Roughead, who assigned, Rear Admiral Joseph D. Kernan as first commander.