Tourism & Terrorism
- Hardening the Targets. Murray, Mark; Kitfield, James; Hegland, Corine; Kriz, Margaret; Maggs, John; Jacobson, Louis; Baumann, David; Cannon, Carl M.; Simendinger, Alexis; Munro, Neil; Zeller, Shawn // National Journal;8/10/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p2374
Examines the vulnerabilities of potential targets of terrorists in the U.S. Airline cockpit doors; Cruise ships and ferries; Nuclear power plants; Shopping malls.
- The Biggest Kid on the Dock. Walsh, Don // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2000, Vol. 126 Issue 4, p105
Features MV Rotterdam, the flagship of the Holland America Cruise Line nine-ship fleet. Vessel capacity and number of travel days for a world cruise; Reputation as the first and largest cruise to visit Antarctica; Concern regarding the safety of cruise operations by the addition of the Rotterdam.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Travel Agent;10/15/2001, Vol. 306 Issue 12, p92
Reports global developments in the travel industry as of October 2001. Offer of cruise to the Mediterranean/Canary Islands by Costa Cruises' Costa Victoria; Dismissal of several employees at Travelocity; Partnership between Delta and Disney to offer agents airline ticket discounts.
- New Infrastructure To Boost Tourism. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the tourism industry of Antigua & Barbuda. Expected number of cruise ship passengers to visit in 2003.
- Lapland Discovery. Lisella, Maria // Travel Agent;11/25/2002, Vol. 310 Issue 8, p53
Focuses on the travel sites in Lapland during the winter season. Survival suites and below zero waters of the Gulf of Bothnia; Cruises aboard the Sampo cruise ship; Exhibits featured in the Arktikum institution.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Travel Agent;11/25/2002, Vol. 310 Issue 8, p64
Reports on global developments in the travel industry as of November 2002. Accommodations of the Carnival Conquest cruise ship launched by Carnival Cruise Lines Inc.; Regulatory approval of codeshares filed by American Airlines Inc. and British Airways Co.; Union contract negotiations completed...
- Regatta 2000 to draw two million. Garza, Daniel R. // Caribbean Business;2/25/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the Regatta 2000 event, scheduled for May 19 to 29, 1999 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Tourism industry and event organizer's preparations for the estimated two million visitors; Access to the bay for cruise ships; Commonwealth government's plan to shoulder half of the costs.
- A Higher Purpose on the High Seas. Whitlock, Stephen // Travel & Leisure;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p97
Presents several luxurious program offerings of ships for their passengers. Services offerings of The World ship; Rate of services at Carnival Paradise ship; Contact information; Package deals offering of Abercrombie & Kent Explorer. INSETS: THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT: SPEAKERS.;SPEAKING IN TONGUES:...
- New legislation cruisin' for the same old bruisin'? Wells, Ken R. // San Diego Business Journal;6/12/95, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p33
Reports on San Diego, Calif. congressional legislator's failure to get the Senate's approval for bills intended for cruise ship industry. Effects of the outlawing of off-shore gambling; Concerns of attaching cruise ship industry's congressional bill to larger maritime legislation; Peak of San...