High Hurdles and Purple-Suit Questions
- Rediscover the Art of Command & Control. Willard, Robert F. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2002, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p52
Focuses on the art of command and control for the U.S. military. Acquisition of training on command and control tools; Importance of computers, radios and software for effective control of forces; Concept of command and control.
- 'An Incredible Level of Situational Awareness'. Vergun, David // Sea Power;Oct2001, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p54
Reports on the completion of an experiment on the command and control system, network-centric warfare, by the United States Navy and Marine Corps. Details of the experiment; Forms of information that flow through the links of the warfare system; Importance of chatrooms to the situational...
- Dominant Effects: Effects-Based Joint Operations. // Aerospace Power Journal;Fall2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p92
Discusses the concept of 'dominant effects' in warfare. Argument for a change in command and control systems; Production of war gaming and educational programs by the United States Air Force; Premise of effects-based operations.
- MANEUVER CAPTAINS COURSE INCORPORATES LEADERS DECISION EXERCISE. FALL, DAN // Infantry;Apr/May2011, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p45
The article discusses the highlights of the pilot leaders decision exercise (LDX) held at Fort Benning, Georgia in March 2011. The LDX was part of the Maneuver Captains Career Course (MCCC). It details the MCCC students' use of the Army Program of Record (PoR) Virtual Batlespace 2 (VBS2) to...
- SOLDIER FEEDBACK DRIVES JBC-P'S EVOLUTION. Olmstead, Michael // Army AL&T Magazine;Apr-Jun2015, p57
The article details the transformation of the U.S. Army's Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2) to Joint Battle Command-Platform (JBC-P) through soldier feedback. Topics discussed include the provision of integrated, on-the-move digital command and control and situational awareness...
- NAVY C4ISR AND UNMANNED SYSTEMS. // Sea Power;Jan2009, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p89
The article presents information on several unmanned command and control systems of the U.S. Navy. The Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS) provides Navy ships with high-speed secret and unclassified Local Area Networks (LANs), and access to the Defense Information Systems Network's...
- War Fighting in Cyberspace Evolving Force Presentation and Command and Control. Birdwell, M. Bodine; Mills, Robert // Air & Space Power Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p26
The article focuses on the development of geographic combatant commands (GCC) in the U.S. Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) of Department of Defense (DOD) for war fighting operations in cyberspace. It presents building-block approaches on the U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) model to identify...
- Oak Hill Wraps Up Southern Partnership Station '09. Dickson, Hendrick L. // All Hands;Sep2009, Issue 1110, p32
The article announces that the USS Oak Hill (LSD51) ship has completed operations for Southern Partnership Station (SPS) '09 while deployed to the U.S. Naval Forces Southern Command area of focus.
- Super Seasprite Trials Underway. Sherman, Kenneth B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p24
Reports that Australia's Defense Material Organization and the Royal Australian Navy reached a milestone in the SH-2G(A) Super Seasprite project, with the maritime helicopter successfully making its first ever landing on the deck of an Australian warship. Role of the primary anti-surface weapon...