New Ways to Fight An Amorphous Enemy
- Special Warfare. // All Hands;Jan2010, Issue 1114, p17
The article lists the U.S. naval special warfare command which includes the Naval Special Warfare Recruiting Directorate, the Naval Special Warfare Center, and the Commander, Naval Special Warfare Group 11 (NSWG 11).
- New scope eases tasks of Forward Observers. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/4/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 14, p74
Features products and equipment developed for use by the US Special Operations Forces. FORMS; Magellan Global Positioning System (GPS) Map 7000; Data SYS 700 Series; Series 5590 data acquisition system; Deltascope MP2/0; SMB-1B stereo zoom microscope; IRt./c. 10 infrared sensor; PXS4 X-ray...
- 3RD SPECIAL FORCES GROUP SOLDIERS HONORED. // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
The article announces the awards received by members of the U.S. 3rd Special Forces Group.
- Conflict Could Test Special Ops Improvements. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/1/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 14, p30
Focuses on the improvement of special operation forces against terrorism by the United States. Encounters of the US special operation units and the Al Qaida terrorist organization; Creation of the US Special Operations Command; Duties of the Air Force special operation units; Improvement in the...
- Searching for a civilian deputy. // U.S. News & World Report;3/23/87, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p21
How the Pentagon panel is searching for a civilian deputy to take charge of the Special Operations Forces (SOF). SOF deals with low intensity conflicts such as terrorism, hostage taking, and counter-insurgency.
- Special Operations Forces needs a deputy. // U.S. News & World Report;3/23/87, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p21
How the Pentagon panel is searching for a civilian deputy to take charge of the Special Operations Forces, which deals with low intensity conflicts, such as terrorism, taking of hostages, and counterinsurgency.
- Biometric Accuracy. // Defense Technology International;Jul2011, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p10
The article reports that over 1,000 high-value individuals have been identified by the U.S. special operations forces (SOF) using biometrics.
- Special forces gather clout of an independent service. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jun97, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the advantages of special forces within the military. Bypassing of procurement process at the Department of Defense; Well-defined missions of special forces; Ability of special operations to focus their efforts on immediate problems; Successful missions in other countries.
- US military steps up covert war. Iltis, Tony // Green Left Weekly;11/17/2010, Issue 861, p20
The article reports that the government steps up its military operations in Yemen.