In the Forefront of the War on Terror
- The Navy's Elite Force. Bell, Debra // U.S. News Digital Weekly;5/6/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p10
A quiz about the U.S. Navy SEALs is presented.
- Chris Kyle. // Sea Power;Mar2012, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p64
The article offers insights from Chris Kyle regarding his career as a U.S. Navy Seal Intelligent Specialist (IS). He states that he originally wanted to be in the Special Forces but he was not qualified for the position, so he was suggested by a Navy recruiter to join the Seals. He adds that his...
- NAVY SEALS: Their Untold Story. Sauder, Chris // Library Journal;11/1/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 18, p94
No abstract available.
- Special Warfare. // All Hands;Jan2010, Issue 1114, p17
The article lists the U.S. naval special warfare command which includes the Naval Special Warfare Recruiting Directorate, the Naval Special Warfare Center, and the Commander, Naval Special Warfare Group 11 (NSWG 11).
- New scope eases tasks of Forward Observers. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/4/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 14, p74
Features products and equipment developed for use by the US Special Operations Forces. FORMS; Magellan Global Positioning System (GPS) Map 7000; Data SYS 700 Series; Series 5590 data acquisition system; Deltascope MP2/0; SMB-1B stereo zoom microscope; IRt./c. 10 infrared sensor; PXS4 X-ray...
- 3RD SPECIAL FORCES GROUP SOLDIERS HONORED. // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
The article announces the awards received by members of the U.S. 3rd Special Forces Group.
- Conflict Could Test Special Ops Improvements. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/1/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 14, p30
Focuses on the improvement of special operation forces against terrorism by the United States. Encounters of the US special operation units and the Al Qaida terrorist organization; Creation of the US Special Operations Command; Duties of the Air Force special operation units; Improvement in the...
- Searching for a civilian deputy. // U.S. News & World Report;3/23/87, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p21
How the Pentagon panel is searching for a civilian deputy to take charge of the Special Operations Forces (SOF). SOF deals with low intensity conflicts such as terrorism, hostage taking, and counter-insurgency.
- Special Operations Forces needs a deputy. // U.S. News & World Report;3/23/87, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p21
How the Pentagon panel is searching for a civilian deputy to take charge of the Special Operations Forces, which deals with low intensity conflicts, such as terrorism, taking of hostages, and counterinsurgency.