The Catalyst of Transformation
- Ground Assault Convoy Techniques. Hofmeister, Michael D.; Gayagas, Christine M. // Army Logistician;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p14
Explores the components of the ground assault convoy (GAC), an integral part of air assault mission executed by the U.S. Airborne Division. Phases of air assault operations; Composition of GAC; Elements of GAC force protection; Threats of the presence of enemy minefields and obstacles to the...
- FROM THE COMMANDANT. Parker, James W. // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue related to special warfare, including ideas on the variety of Army Special Operations Forces (ARSOF)missions, a discussion on the use of militias, and suggestions on how to make the most of the experience ARSOF Soldiers.
- Sets, Kits, and Outfits: Bridging, Diving, Lighting, and Fire-Fighting. Schlie, Alan // Engineer;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p22
Part III. Discusses several strategies in military mobilization. Tools needed by an army in mobilization missions; Types of bridges; Types of diving tasks; Tips on lights and lighting; Fire-fighting tasks and vehicles.
- COMMANDS. Marino, James I. // World War II;Nov2005, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the combat missions of the U.S. 859th Bombardment Squadron. Background on the service of the squadron; Overview of the first combat operation of the 859th on May 11, 1944; Number of the squardron's military missions as the Allies launched Operation Overlord.
- D-Day wasn't the only important event going on in June 1944. Guttman, Jon // Military History;Jun2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the different military missions that occurred in June 1944. Details of the Battle of Mogaung in Burma; Information on the Operation Diadem in Rome, Italy on June 5, 1944; Discussion of the advance of the Soviet Union into Belorussia called Operation Bagration on June 22, 1944.
- Time-Based Acquisition Programs. Schields, Kevin J. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Winter2003, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p22
Identifies the priorities of the military acquisition system in the U.S. Use of time-based requirements in military missions; Development of mission needs and operational requirements into acquisition programs.
- FROM THE COMMANDANT. Reeder Jr., Edward M. // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;Jan-Mar2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including application of special warfare to improve partner-nation internal defense, military problems in large geographic area, and U.S. military mission in Africa.
- rakkasan! Laurence, John // Esquire;Aug2003, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p112
Describes the experience of the 3rd Battalion of the Elite 101st Airborne in the U.S.-led war in Baghdad, Iraq. Objective of the Battalion; Description of the men included in the Battalion; Most problematic tactical exercise of a professional battalion staff; Details of the military operation.
- Focusing on the Critical, Not the Urgent. Kem, Jack // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Jul-Sep2005, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p32
The author offers advice on dealing with critical tasks and urgent tasks in the U.S. Army especially in the concepts of the Mission Essential Task List, the Commander's Critical Information Requirements and the specific intelligence related concept of priority intelligence requirements. Steps to...