SpecOps, Civil War Style
- Secession in Kentucky. // Secession in Kentucky (II);2009, p1
Presents the text declaring Kentucky's intent to secede from the Union of the United States, published December 2, 1861. Reasons for secession; Support given by the Kentucky legislature to the Union; Plan of government.
- Read the Time Line. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;9/9/2005, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p8
Presents a quiz related to the U.S. Civil War from 1861-1865.
- A NATION DIVIDED. Greene, Louise L. // Appleseeds;Apr2003, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p18
Presents information on the division of the U.S. during the U.S. Civil War from 1861-65. States into which the country was divided; Map showing places in the U.S. where events related to the civil war occurred.
- Editor's Desk:. Nevilee, David // Military Images;May/Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p2
An introduction to the issue which offers a selection of Civil War photographs that the Library of Congress acquired from the Liljenquist family is presented.
- Time Traveler. Pinckney, Roger; Barger, Jennifer // American History;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p28
Features Antebellum Beaufort, a town in Beaufort, South Carolina. Description of the place before the Civil War in 1865; Living condition of the town in 1712; How Gullah slaves established their culture; Condition of the town after the arrival of the Union Fleet.
- AT WHAT Price? Zuber, Shari Lyn // Cobblestone;Jan2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p39
Deals with issues surrounding the start of the 1861 civil war in the United States.
- Brain Ticklers. // Cobblestone;Jan2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p42
Presents a quiz on the role of the navies in the 1861 U.S. Civil War.
- PUT IT iN Writing. Bartlett, Sara // Cobblestone;Feb2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p5
Presents information on several women writers during the Civil War in the U.S.
- SECRET SOLDIERS. King, Wendy // Cobblestone;Feb2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p14
Presents information on several female soldiers during the U.S. Civil War.