The First Century Is the Hardest
- 2nd Fleet. // All Hands;Jul97, Issue 963, p17
Focuses on the battle readiness of the U.S. 2nd Fleet. US Navy's largest numbered fleet; Support for adjacent theater commander especially in Europe; Training of the Atlantic battle fleet in war-fighting fleet; Development and evaluation of new naval tactics; Maintenance of theater battle group...
- 3rd Fleet. // All Hands;Jul97, Issue 963, p18
Reports on the battle-readiness of the US Navy's 3rd Fleet. Preparation of the arsenal; Keeping of a versatile naval force; Description of the continuous training mode; Maintenance of a regular schedule of exercises; Sailor's participation in the Rim of the Pacific exercise; Description of the...
- EDITOR'S NOTES. // Sea Power;Jun2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p8
Presents several articles on the military readiness of the United States Navy.
- US Navy says 'bombing good for birds' // Ecologist;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p6
Deals with the response of the U.S. Navy to complaints that its armaments exercises on the Pacific islands of Northern Marianas are reducing the native bird population. Argument of the U.S. Navy; Comments from a U.S. Navy spokesman.
- Physical Readiness Program Updated. Yager, Maria // All Hands;Dec2008, Issue 1101, p7
The article discusses the updates made by the U.S. Navy on policy revisions to strengthen the Navy Physical Readiness Program (PRP).
- NAVRIIP NAVY TACKLES INTERDEPLOYMENT READINESS. Cossitt, Anne // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p16
Assesses the Navy in improving nondeployed readiness through the Naval Aviation Readiness Integrated Improvement Program in the U.S. Prioritization of resource requirements during the interdeployment training cycle; Emphasis on the key element of the process; Creation of a training and...
- Defending Homeland Harbors. Houlihan, Robert // All Hands;Aug2002, Issue 1024, p18
Focuses on the military readiness of the U.S. Navy. Mission of the coastal patrol; Legislation of the Posse Comitatus Act; Operations of the USS Tempest.
- Resolutions Committee Seeks Input From NLUS Members On Major National-Defense and Homeland-Security Issues. Hessman, James D. // Sea Power;Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p55
Reports on the consideration of the Navy League's Resolution Committee on the opinions of NLUS members about national defense and homeland security issues in the U.S. Rebuilding of the U.S. defense infrastructure; Recapitalization of the weapons inventories; Improvement of the current combat...
- The Effects of Manning and Crew Stability on the Material Condition of Ships. Beland, Russell W.; Quester, Aline O. // Interfaces;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p111
Discusses the factors affecting the time a deployed United States Navy combat ship is fully mission capable, with a focus on the frequency and major equipment failures in three classes of frigates and destroyers. Description of explanatory variables and statistical estimates; Significant...