Latest CICA guidance for MD&A disclosure breaks new ground
- Growth Potential. McGrath, James; Kroeger, Fritz // Executive Excellence;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p18
Examines strategies for corporate growth. Choice of ventures; Measurement and management of bottom line; Management of internal and external expectations; Growth goals for companies; Ways of overcoming growth limits.
- The Corporate Governance Committee. Sheinfeld, Myron M. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 125, p1
Provides information on corporate governance committees. Members; Need for the committee to adopt principles and guidelines in order to implement governance accountability; Inclusion of brief, regular meetings in the governance process. INSET: A Governance Committee Charter.
- Books Received. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 29 Issue 169, p29
The article cites two books on corporate governance, "The Voice of Authority," by Dianna Booher, and "The Breakthrough Company," by Keith R. McFarland.
- EDITORIAL. // Director (00123242);Mar2001, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p11
Editorial. Comments on the problems of running a corporation. Suggestions for chief executive officers; Increased awareness and activism among shareholders.
- Corporate Board Composition, Protocols, and Voting Behavior: Experimental Evidence. Gillette, Ann B.; Noe, Thomas H.; Rebello, Michael J. // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta);Aug2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 10, p1
Presents an experiment model of the governance of an institution. Dependence of the management of the institution on the information possessed by insiders; Multiagent mechanisms that impose penalties for conflicting recommendations; Implementation of the intuitionally preferred allocation in...
- Measuring the Quality of Corporate Governance: In Search of a Tailormade Approach? Van den Berghe, L.A.A.; Levrau, Abigail // Journal of General Management;Spring2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on the measurement of the quality of corporate governance. Impact of corporate governance mechanisms on company performance; Comparison of main corporate governance rating systems; Critical analysis of the underlying principles and criteria used by the rating systems; Proposed...
- How to profit in the coming recession. Brodsky, Norm // Inc.;Jan99, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p31
Presents tips on business management during recession. Includes figuring out how to become a low-cost provider; Mobilization of people to save jobs; Watching for opportunities and grabbing them.
- Managing through turbulent times. Fraser, Jill Andresky; Kriss, Eric // Inc.;Jan99, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p36
Presents tips on business management during economic crisis. Includes debt management; Key financial indicators to watch; Search for capitalization.
- Corporate governance update. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;May98, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on important developments in the corporate governance debate in 1998 in Great Britain. Details on the report published by Hampel Committee; List of plans set out by the committee; Comments from Margaret Beckett, president of the Board of Trade; Key goals of Beckett's consultation document.