Whole Foods Invests in Price
- A renaissance - finally? Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;Fall2011 Living & Investing, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p1
The article offers updates related to investment and interest in Detroit, Michigan including the opening of Whole Foods Market Inc. on 2013, the cleaning up of the Detroit Public Schools' balance sheet, and the iteration of Detroit Works project.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // MMR;3/25/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p1
The article offers news briefs related to mass market retail industry, including Target Corp.'s sale of its consumer credit card portfolio, the plan of Whole Foods Market Inc. to label its products with or without genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and the sale of A&P's real estate interests.
- Investor Calls for Mackey to Leave. Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;7/30/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the call of investment firm CtW Investment Group for Whole Foods Market to replace John Mackey as its chairman in 2007. The firm wrote a letter to Whole Foods' board of directors saying that Mackey's pseudonymous postings on online stock message boards have damaged his...
- Minting Olympic gold. Schonfeld, Erick // Fortune;7/22/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p151
Reviews companies that could be potentially good investments due to their strong profits. Companies profiled include First Security, Micrografx and Whole Foods Market.
- GOING DOWN? // Retail Traffic;Sep2008, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p20
The article focuses on the sales performance of Whole Foods Market Inc. in the U.S. It mentions that the company's economic condition is impossible to overcome due to the economic downturn. In the third quarter of 2008, observers were shocked by the company's report of a 30 percent drop in net...
- Local products enchant N.M. co--op's customers. Hyde-Keller, O'rya // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Apr2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p58
The article presents information on La MontaÃ±ita Co-op, one of the best food stores in the United States. The store has witnessed a recent increase in sales when Whole Foods Market Inc. entered the Albuquerque, New Mexico market in 2002. Growing sales have also helped LaMontaÃ±ita to cope...
- Whole Foods goes 'radical' in face of big challenges. Orgel, David // Supermarket News Expert Blog;5/19/2014, p2
The article focuses on the move by natural foods retailer Whole Foods of lowering financial projections amidst unprecedented levels of competition from supermarkets and other food retailers and increased price investments in 2014. Topics covered include the response of financial analysts to the...
- Second Whole Foods opening in suburbs. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/12/94, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p62
Reports on Whole Foods Market's opening of its second area location at 7245 West Lake Street in River Forest in Chicago, Illinois.
- WFM Fishmongers Prepare for Final Face-off. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;6/ 7/2012, p5
This article offers brief information on the Fishmonger Face-Off which will be held by supermarket company Whole Foods Markets in Aspen, Colorado on June 16, 2012.