Whole Foods Invests in Price
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // MMR;3/25/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p1
The article offers news briefs related to mass market retail industry, including Target Corp.'s sale of its consumer credit card portfolio, the plan of Whole Foods Market Inc. to label its products with or without genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and the sale of A&P's real estate interests.
- A renaissance - finally? Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;Fall2011 Living & Investing, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p1
The article offers updates related to investment and interest in Detroit, Michigan including the opening of Whole Foods Market Inc. on 2013, the cleaning up of the Detroit Public Schools' balance sheet, and the iteration of Detroit Works project.
- Investor Calls for Mackey to Leave. Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;7/30/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the call of investment firm CtW Investment Group for Whole Foods Market to replace John Mackey as its chairman in 2007. The firm wrote a letter to Whole Foods' board of directors saying that Mackey's pseudonymous postings on online stock message boards have damaged his...
- Minting Olympic gold. Schonfeld, Erick // Fortune;7/22/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p151
Reviews companies that could be potentially good investments due to their strong profits. Companies profiled include First Security, Micrografx and Whole Foods Market.
- GOING DOWN? // Retail Traffic;Sep2008, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p20
The article focuses on the sales performance of Whole Foods Market Inc. in the U.S. It mentions that the company's economic condition is impossible to overcome due to the economic downturn. In the third quarter of 2008, observers were shocked by the company's report of a 30 percent drop in net...
- Local products enchant N.M. co--op's customers. Hyde-Keller, O'rya // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Apr2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p58
The article presents information on La MontaÃ±ita Co-op, one of the best food stores in the United States. The store has witnessed a recent increase in sales when Whole Foods Market Inc. entered the Albuquerque, New Mexico market in 2002. Growing sales have also helped LaMontaÃ±ita to cope...
- Second Whole Foods opening in suburbs. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/12/94, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p62
Reports on Whole Foods Market's opening of its second area location at 7245 West Lake Street in River Forest in Chicago, Illinois.
- WFM Fishmongers Prepare for Final Face-off. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;6/ 7/2012, p5
This article offers brief information on the Fishmonger Face-Off which will be held by supermarket company Whole Foods Markets in Aspen, Colorado on June 16, 2012.
- WFM Opens 'Pop-Up' Farm Stand. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;7/11/2012, p5
The article reports that Whole Foods Market will open a summer farm stand in a former car dealership in Wainscott, New York and will feature offerings from stores in the town located in the Hamptons vacation area of Long Island and perishables supplied by Whole Foods until Labor Day.