BIBLICAL NUMEROLOGY CONFIRMS THE SPIRITUAL VALIDITY OF ITS CONTENTS
- Seek and ye shall find. Begley, Sharon; Barry, John // Newsweek;6/9/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 23, p66
Discusses the theories of the book `The Bible Code,' by Michael Drosnin. The claim that a complex code in the Hebrew Bible can predict the future; The basis for the book on a 1994 study published in the journal `Statistical Science'; The researchers led by Eliyahu Rips; The critics of the book.
- Response to P. G. Nelson's "Numerology in Genesis.". Hill, Carol A. // Perspectives on Science & Christian Faith;Jun2008, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p144
A letter to the editor is presented in response to P. G. Nelson's letter to the editor entitled "Numerology in Genesis" in a 2008 issue of "Perspectives on Science & Christian Faith."
- Christian Gnosticism. Faulkner, Danny R. // Creation Research Society Quarterly;Winter2015, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p148
The author discusses Christian gnosticism, where the concept of Jesus Christ took several forms including some Gnostics taught that Jesus was born a man but obtained a superior spiritual status while others taught that God created Jesus as a sort of angelic being. It notes that gnosticism...
- Number mysticism in scientific thinking. Klotz, Irving M. // Mathematical Intelligencer;Winter95, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p43
Discusses man's fascination with hidden meaning of patterns of numbers and integers. Man's fascination with integers during the evolution of concepts of molecular structure; Number lore in mythology and religion; Numerology in physical science.
- CRITICAL NOTES. Levin, Saul; Williams, James G.; Niehaus, Jeffrey; Attridge, Harold W.; Epp, Eldon Jay; Zeron, Alexander // Journal of Biblical Literature;Mar79, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p85
The article presents several brief critical notes regarding Biblical scholarship. Topics addressed include the interpretation of the offerings of Cain and Abel seen in the Old Testament passage of Genesis 4:3-5, the number symbolism seen in references to the patriarch Joseph seen in Genesis 50,...
- THREE HUNDRED EIGHTEEN. MOORE, MICHAEL // ETC: A Review of General Semantics;Apr2011, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p199
An essay is presented on the appearance of the number 318 in Genesis 14:14 in the Hebrew Bible and references to it in history. The author presents several examples of the appearance of the number, as well as individuals and groups affixing symbolic significance to the number. The author refers...
- Daniel: A Counter Paradigm to the Hellenistic Imperialism vis-Ã -vis Burmanization in Chin State. Sangtinuk // Asia Journal of Theology;Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the book of Daniel found in the Old Testament which is said to serve as a counter paradigm to Hellenistic Imperialism in Israel and the Burmanization in Chin State, Burma. It notes that Burmanization has to be opposed as it threatens to bring the Chin ethnic group into...
- From Gematria. Rothenberg, Jerome // Writing Through: Translations & Variations;2004, p178
The article offers the author's insights regarding gematria, a form of traditional Jewish numerology. He mentions that "The Spice of Torah," by Gutman G. Locks offers easy access to the numerical value of every word in the first five books of the Hebrew Bible. He notes that he began to construct...
- Genesis' Numerology. Hillmer, Mark // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Apr2005, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p306
Reviews the book "Genesis' Numerology," by Meir Bar-Ilan.