SPIRITUALISM: INNOCENT BELIEFS TO SCIENTIFIC CURIOSITY, 1700s-1800s
- FEEDBACK TO JOHN FRANKLIN MILLER III. Pollard, Frank // Journal of Religion & Psychical Research;Jan1994, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p34
Presents the author's counter-views on John Franklin Miller's comments on theology, religion and spirituality. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent issues and relevant topics; Implications on religion and parapsychology.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Pollard, Frank; Thompson Jr., Howard E.; Gough, William C.; Schaklett, Robert L.; Duus, Erling O. // Journal of Religion & Psychical Research;Jan1994, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p38
Presents several opinions and counter-views on religion, parapsychology and spirituality. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent issues and relevant topics; Implications on religion and parapsychology.
- DISCUSSION. Fisk, George W. // Journal of Religion & Psychical Research;Jan1994, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p33
Discusses key issues relevant to theology, religion and spirituality. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent issues and relevant topics; Implications on religion and parapsychology.
- What Do We Really Know? Morse, Donald R. // Journal of Religion & Psychical Research;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p181
Explores some unanswered questions in religion, spirituality and paranormal phenomena. Question of who created God if nothing can be self-created; Question of what existed before the universe; Fate of the universe as it continues to expand.
- OUT-OF-BODY AND NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES: THEIR IMPACT ON RELIGIOUS BELIEFS. Haddow, Angus // Journal of Religion & Psychical Research;Apr91, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p75
Discusses the potential usefulness of out-of-the-body experiences in personal spirituality, spirituality studies, theology, philosophy and psychology. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on religion and psychical research.
- "Give us a Sign of Your Presence": Paranormal Investigation as a Spiritual Practice. Eaton, Marc A. // Sociology of Religion;Winter2015, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p389
The recent proliferation of ghost hunting television shows reflects the broad public interest in what participants refer to as "paranormal investigation." Currently, over 3,000 paranormal investigation teams exist in the United States, and more exist worldwide. Paranormal investigators use a...
- The Social Effects of Psychism: Spiritual Experience and the Construction of Privatized Religion. Laubach, Marty // Sociology of Religion;Fall2004, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p239
What is the relationship between spiritual experiences and privatized religion? This study defines spiritual experiences in terms of "psychism," or psychic intrusions in the stream of consciousness that are perceived by the actor as not originating within the "self." Intrusions interpreted as...
- Catholicism as Living Memory in a Montreal Spiritualist Congregation. Meintel, Deirdre // Quebec Studies;Fall/Winter2011, Vol. 52, p69
A study is presented that considers the religious beliefs of the members of the Spiritual Church of Healing (SCH), a Spiritualist congregation located in Montreal, QuÃ©bec. The majority of the church's membership is comprised of QuÃ©bÃ©cois raised in the Catholic Church, who refuse to...
- material religion. Coleman, Simon // Material Religion;Nov2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p359
The article analyzes the study of materializing visions either through religion or fieldwork and analysis. The author mentions the ethnographic snapshot he took in January 2009, during a road trip along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, going to the Redeemend Christian Church of God (RCCG)...