Philadelphia Mayor Offers $3.1 Billion Budget Plan for Fiscal 2003
- Philadelphia Mayor Offers $3.4B Budget Designed to Close Shortfall. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p36
Reports on the budget deficit of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Budget designed by Mayor John Street to close the budget deficit of the city.
- Philadelphia Mayor Plans Job Cuts, Consolidation to Balance City Books. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/29/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31562, p3
Reports on the proposals made by Philadelphia, Pennsylvania mayor John Street as of January 29, 2002. Proposal for retrenchment of employees by 2008; Possible increase in the state's deficit led to the proposal; Plans for reduction in wage and business taxes; Sources of financing library...
- Philly Schools Could Be State Run After Oct. 29. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p34
Reports the memorandum of understanding agreement between Governor Tom Ridge and Mayor John Street of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Agreement suspending lawsuit filed by the city against the state; Amount of the deficit of the district; Conditions regarding the taking of control of the state...
- Philadelphia Mayor Asks for City to Consider Selling Troubled Gas Works. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p6
Reports on Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Mayor John Street's announcement of his $2.9 million budget for the city on January 23, 2001. Proposal that the city consider selling the financially strapped Philadelphia Gas Works; Announcement of a bond-backed anti-blight initiative.
- Street Smart. Plummer, William; Calandra, Bob // People;
Profiles John Street, the mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Street Wins in Philadelphia; GOP Gains 2 Governerships. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p1
Reports that John Street has been elected mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Platform of Mayor Street; Plans for the city.
- John Street Sworn In As Philadelphia's New Mayor; Promises To Aid Blighted Neighborhoods. // Jet;01/24/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p35
Reports that Democrat John F. Street has been sworn in as mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Philadelphia Eyes Surety Bond Instead of Water, Sewer Fund. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31871, p36
Reports on the proposal mulled by the City Council to replace its water and sewer debt service reserve fund with a surety bond in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Proposal of the idea as part of the fiscal 2005 operating budget of mayor John Street; Economic development investment fund included in...
- Philly's thrifty candidates. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the results of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania's mayoral primary elections. Consensus among rating analysts and finance professionals on Democrat John Street and Republican Sam Katz; Rating of the city's general obligation debt.