Like a Good Neighbor
- off-site improvements. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p105
A definition of the land development term "off-site improvements" is presented, which refers to improvements made by the property owner to the community near the site being developed.
- Transitional Use Valuations. Sando, Laurence // Appraisal Journal;Apr73, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p222
Discusses the valuation of properties which are in transition from one use to another. Basis of the market value; Definition of the highest and best use; Value of improvements; Theory of land valuation; Limitations in the appraisal of properties in transitional use; Cases under which the...
- NFDA Supports Reform Bill Addressing Issues in Freedom Act. Fitch Jr., John H. // Director (NFDA Services, Inc.);Sep2011, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p94
The article reports on the support of the U.S. National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) to the Regulatory Flexibility Improvements Act that would address issues contained in the Freedom Act.
- WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG? Feuer, Michael // Smart Business Akron/Canton;Aug2012, p46
The article focuses on the belief that the boss is always the last to know. The author notes that more often than not, the boss is the first to recognize what was coming. The boss will try to help an employee when he sees that he/she is not measuring up. It is said that with a little mentoring,...
- Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC): Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport: Notice of Call for Bids for 2013 Electronic Video Information Display Systems. // Minnesota State Register;8/26/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p292
The article offers information on notice related to call for Bids for 2013 Electronic Video Information Display Systems (EVIDS) and 2013 Wayfinding Improvements that will be received by the public corporation Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC). It discusses the biding documents that will be...
- Introduction of Highways BEE Act great for pollinators. // High Plains Journal;7/27/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 30, p5A
The article highlights Highways BEE Act of federal government of U.S. providing habitat for pollinators at nation's highway side, which reduces the cost of highway maintenance by state and also encourages development of pollinators, which is beneficial to the society.
- Fence lines place limits on wildife. McCabe, Don // Nebraska Farmer;Dec2010, p86
The article focuses on Anthony Schutz, an attorney who teaches agriculture, environment, and land-use law at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law, and his stance on the legal steps needed to help in improving wildlife habitat.
- Sonoma OKs Runway Upgrade. Wright, Andrew; Silver, Elaine // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/30/2012, Vol. 268 Issue 3, p18
The article reports that California's Sonoma County Board of Supervisors approved a runway improvement and extension project for the Sonoma County-Charles Schultz Airport in Santa Rosa on January 24, 2012. Reportedly, the project will allow the airport to serve more customers and accommodate...
- TI Cos. Discounting Work After 6% Drop in Business. Mueller, Mark // Orange County Business Journal;7/13/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p23
The article examines the tenant improvement (IT) industry in Orange County, California. It notes that the TI market declined in 2008 when TI contractors revealed a 460 million dollars in revenue, a drop by six percent in 2007. It states that due to the business condition of the industry, TI...