Detroit Airport Probe
- Revenue Sale Planned for Detroit Airport as $900 Million Deal Remains Stalled. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p35
Reports on the reassessment of a multi million dollar revenue bonds sale planned for the construction projects at the Metropolitan Airport in Detroit, Michigan. Impact of the U.S. terrorist attacks on the bond sales; Plans of the airport authorities to continue with construction activities;...
- Ready for takeoff. BISSELL, JENNIFER // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/29/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the agreement between the mayors of Stratford and Bridgeport in Connecticut to reduce the size and build a runway safety zone in the Sikorsky Memorial Airport in Stratford.
- Airport adopts $5 million landscape master plan. Burke, Anita // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pA6
Reports the approved landscaping plan by the Spokane Airport Board for the Spokane International Airport terminal in Washington. Proposal of project features and design; Source of funds for the project; Advantage of the plan for travelers.
- No limits to knowledge. Shields, Greg; Rutherford, Robert T. // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul96, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p49
Focuses on the emphasis on the need to obtain and apply knowledge of business entities to effectively implement auditing standards in Canada. Suggestion on the necessary amount of business knowledge needed for applying auditing standards; Issues concerning auditing documentation.
- Confirmation received. Shields, Greg // CA Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p45
Focuses on the basics of confirmation process for auditors in obtaining audit evidences provided by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants Handbook Section 5303. Authenticity of oral, fax and e-mail responses; Implications on auditing control.
- Foreign reporting. // CA Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p46
Presents information on the Auditing Standards Board proposed Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants Handbook Section called `Foreign Reporting.' Types of reports included in the section.
- New field audit guidelines. Furman, Leonard D.; Cobern, Bruce E. // CPA Journal;Sep94, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p82
Reports on the issuance by the State of New York of a revised Field Audit Guidelines on Personal Income Tax Nonresident Audits. Incorporation of comments and changes recommended by the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, New York State Bar Association and Tax Department staff...
- The future of auditing standard setting. // CPA Journal;Feb95, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p12
Reports on proposal to restructure the audit standard setting process. Procedures for attestation and auditing arenas; Sources of guidance for such work; Precluding the provision for negative assurance; Audit risk and compilation and review alerts.
- The 1994 revisions to government auditing standards. Brown, Clifford D.; Melchin, Charles // CPA Journal;Feb95, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p32
Discusses the 1994 revisions to government auditing standards. Internal control awareness; Communication about additional testing of controls; Compliance with laws and regulations; Reporting audit result; Other procedural requirements. INSETS: Reportable conditions (internal control...