East St. Louis Budget
- Silent spring. // Business News New Jersey;04/20/98, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p12
Editorial. Makes observations on the facial expressions of various political officials and personnel as they attended budget hearings in the spring of 1998. Relief on the faces of every senior administration officials as a result of well-apportioned budget.
- Reports. Teich, Albert H.; Cassidy, Bonnie Bisol // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p23
Presents summaries of the reports titled `Research and Development Funding in a Constrained Budget Environment: Alternative Support Sources and Streamlined Funding Mechanisms,' from the Science Policy Research Division, `The Evaluation of Forensic DNA Evidence,' from a National Research Council...
- GR city budget remains `stable'. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/06/96, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p6
Reports on Grand Rapids, Michigan's budget plans for 1997. Comparison to the 1996 budget; Agencies getting an increased appropriation; Comment by city manager Kurt Kimball.
- City commission clears budget hurdle. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/17/96, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the approval of Grand Rapids, Michigan's budget for fiscal year 1997 by the city commission. Total budget by the city; Comparison to the previous year's budget; Features of the commission's ratification of the city's property tax rate.
- OKLAHOMA: 'Gloom and Doom' in OKC. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/12/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33248, p9
The article reports on claims of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma manager Jim Couch that city department budgets will be lessened by two percent in 2010.
- Burnet County adopts no growth budget. Walker, James // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/15/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 37, p1A
The article reports that Burnet County Commissioners of Texas assumed a virtual no-growth budget and a minutely-expanded tax rate which is necessitated by the growth of over-65 population for fiscal year 2010-2011.
- NCCC asks same amount from counties as last year. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/23/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 147, p1
The article reports on the request for budget by the North Country Community College (NCCC), worth 1.2 million dollars, for the 2010 to 2011 budget in Essex and Franklin counties in New York.
- Talk to towns on fire/rescue charges. Quenell, John; Willman, Art; Miller, Larry L.; Webb, Mickey; Morency, Joyce W. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/23/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 147, p4
In this article the authors discuss the funds of Saranac Lake, New York, which they say must be placed back into the fire budgets to offset the future budgets.
- Island's plea for extra cash hits the rocks. // Public Finance;01/17/97, p3
Reports on the failure by a delegation from the Isle of Wight council to get commitment for more money from the British environment department. Claims of special financial considerations due to its island status; Search for improved revenue support grant settlement.
- Capping powers will remain under Labour. Harding, David // Public Finance;01/17/97, p3
Reports on the possible continued enforcement of the capping powers in Britain even if the Labour party wins the general elections. Call of Labour not to use the capping powers; Indication of council tax increases; Effect of government spending restrictions on local authorities bills; Possible...