N.Y. MTA Facing Big Deficit Without Even Bigger Refunding
- MTA: $2.8B Budget Gap to Shrink When Savings Kick In. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p4
Reports on the enactment of cost-saving measures for resolving the budget deficits in the fiscal year 2003 by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. Description of the budget policy of MTA; Drawbacks in the budget policy of MTA.
- Analysts Sound Warning About MTA's Looming Budget Troubles. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p1
Reports the budget deficit of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in New York. Marketing of the transportation bonds; Need of cost-cutting measures; Increase of fare rates.
- N.Y. MTA Votes to Hold Hearings On Hikes to Balance 2011 Budget. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/29/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33358, p3
The article reports on the move of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (NYMTA) to conduct hearings on fare and toll increases to help close a 1.03 billion deficit in 2011.
- WHAT'S MTA THINKING WHEN IT COMES TO CLOSING ITS BUDGET HOLE? Dlugash, Alan J. // Crain's New York Business;7/26/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p10
The article presents the author's comments on New York State Metropolitan Transportation Authority's plans to overcome its deficits and budget shortfalls.
- Protest MTA service changes. Rodriguez, Ydanis // New York Amsterdam News;3/6/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the protest against proposed changes by the New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to balance budget deficits. Closure of many token booths and reduction in services; Extra payments for services provided by MTA; Increase in fares for public transportation; Impact...
- Proposed funding to fill gap in MTA budget relies on service cuts, fare hikes. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/4/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p3
The article reports on the budget gap of more than one billion dollars that will be faced by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in 2011 and is expected to be more than double to 2.1 billion dollars by 2014, unless the MTA will make a move to drive more efficiencies in the way it...
- Intelligencer. Vandam, Jeff // New York;1/4/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the budget deficit of the Metropolitan Transport Authority (MTA) in the year 1954, 1976 and 1981.
- Transportation Gridlock. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30859, p1
Discusses the difficulty of meeting New York, New York's capital needs for transportation amidst the city's debt cap crisis. Impact of the political wrangling over the capital budget of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Necessity of comprehensive and efficient infrastructure to sustain...
- N.Y; MTA Eyes Another $200M To Deal With Cash-flow Issues. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;11/17/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33218, p24
The article reports on the move by New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority to add 200 million dollars to its bond sale and on the anticipation of 155 million less in revenue of New York. It notes that the additional 200 million dollars will be used to address the cash -flow issues. In...