Dec. Durable Goods Increased by 2.0%
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Newman, Emily; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31686, p2
Presents news briefs related to economics as of July 28, 2003 in the U.S. Economic recovery of the country; Percentage increase in orders for transportation equipment and durable goods; Increase in sales of single-family homes.
- Durable Goods Orders Fall 1.3% in August. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p2
The article presents a report from the U.S. Commerce Department on the biggest decline of new orders for durable goods in August 2010 due to a dip in demand for transportation equipment.
- Durable Goods Orders Down 0.9% in January. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p2
This article reports that new orders for durable goods, excluding semiconductors, fell 0.9 percent in January 2005. Orders, excluding semiconductors, fell $1.7 billion to $200.4 billion in January, following a revised 1.4 percent gain in December, first reported as a 0.6 percent increase. Within...
- Durable Goods Orders Drop 4.9% in July. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p2
Reports on the decline in the new orders for durable goods in July 2005, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce. Exclusion of semiconductors in the decline; Percentage of decline in the orders for transportation equipment; Increase in the total inventories of manufactured durable goods.
- Durable Goods Fall To Earth. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/26/2014, pA01
6 Orders for long-lasting goods plunged 18.2% in Aug. A steep decline was expected after a 22.5% surge in July, thanks to
- Aftermarkets, systems, and antitrust: a primer. Gundlach, Gregory T. // Antitrust Bulletin;Spring2007, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p17
This article discusses the concepts underlying aftermarkets, especially its relation to systems and antitrusts. It discusses definitions of aftermarkets in relation to systems competition, and how both are relevant to antitrust. It stresses the importance of studying the antitrust aspects of...
- Estimated Annual Rates of Sawmill Production for Eastern US Hardwoods. // Hardwood Market Report;10/17/2014, Vol. 92 Issue 42, p1
The article discusses the U.S. hardwood market report as of October 2014. Topics discussed include new orders for durable goods dropped by a decrease in transportation equipment order of the U.S. manufacturing in August 2014, rate of unemployment decline at the end of September 2014 in the U.S.,...
- EXPLORING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE MARKETS FOR NEW AND USED DURABLE GOODS: THE CASE OF AUTOMOBILES. Purohit, Devavrat // Marketing Science;Spring92, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p154
Given that durable products are long-lived, there exists the possibility of secondary markets for used products as well as the potential for product obsolescence. This is an important issue in markets where technology changes rapidly, because the introduction of new versions of a product can...
- Durable goods orders flying low. // Home Textiles Today;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p31
Reports on orders for durable goods in the U.S. for December 2002.