Municipal Bond Prices
- Midwest bond-watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30834, p24
Reports on bond market developments in the Midwest region of the United States as of February 23, 2000. Revision in Standard & Poor's credit rating for the state of Wisconsin; Approval by Green Bay, Wisconsin, voters of a bond proposal for the city's school system.
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; N.Y. Dorm Issues $1 Billion Deal. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Increase yields of the municipal bonds; Stability of the Treasury bonds; Assessment of the credit ratings.
- Bond Insurance: Introducing a Better Business Model. Adelson, Mark; Butcher III, George H. // Municipal Finance Journal;Summer2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p25
Today's bond insurance industry has lost the ability to create value for the great majority of municipal bond issuers. Despite an environment of wide credit spreads, the weakened state of the active bond insurers has virtually eliminated their ability to improve pricing for issuers at or above...
- Far West Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p37
Reports on developments concerning the bond market in the Far West region of the U.S. as of August 27, 2004. Credit ratings; Municipal bonds; Purchase power agreements.
- Everett, Mass., Sells $35M of Bans; Moody's Downgrades $29M of Debt. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31961, p3
Reports on the sale of general obligation bond anticipation notes by Everett, Massachusetts. Move of Moody's Investors Service to downgrade the rating on the city's long-term parity debt; Rating of the bond sold by the city; Expectation of the state for a resolution on some long-pending changes...
- 2d quarter credit quality holds strong even in the face of rising rates. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p7
Cites the factors that boost credit quality for United States municipal bonds in the second quarter of 1999. Tax-backed bonds; Rising interest rates; Strong and diversified economies; Job creation; Consumer spending; Conservative fiscal budgeting. INSET: Bonds in demand.
- Research digest. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30204, p6
Presents assessments from credit rating agencies of the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of August 7, 1997. Includes Moody's Investor Service's rating for North Slope Borough; Municipal credit quality assessment by John Nuveen & Co.; Effect of tax law changes on the...
- New England Resilience. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p1
Reports on the success of New England political leaders in helping the region's six states weather the national recession without suffering a credit rating downgrade. Effective of cost cutting, debt reform and fee increases in balancing of multi-year deficits; Reaction from the municipal bond...
- Market Post: Traders Look to New Issue Levels. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;1/28/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34050, p1
The article offers information on municipal bond traders are set for retail pricing as of January 2014 and mentions that the move will help market participants gauge. It further informs that municipal market released a three-week rally that allowed bonds to the strongest start to a year since...