- Still leader of the pack. Reilly, Patrick // Modern Healthcare;3/3/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the ranking of Intermountain Health Care among integrated networks as of March 3, 2003. Improvements on the operations, cost-control opportunities and integration efforts; Statement issued by Intermountain executive vice president Greg Paulsen regarding the result of the integration.
- Competition and Community: Key, Evolving Issues That Require Careful Consideration. Muscalus, Robert S. // Frontiers of Health Services Management;Winter2008, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p25
The author reflects on the difference between the services rendered by two health care service companies PeaceHealth and Intermountain Healthcare. The author provided an overview about the services offered by PeaceHealth and Intermountain Healthcare. The author also notes that disease management...
- The role of health plans is to serve however they can. McCue, Michael T. // Managed Healthcare Executive;Dec2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the importance of health plans in the United States. Perception of Intermountain Health Care chief executive officer William Nelson on the role of an integrated health delivery system in the community; Selection of IHC as the official health care provider to the 2002 Winter Olympics.
- GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN. McCue, Michael T. // Managed Healthcare Executive;Dec2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p18
Features the development of a hospital-based clinical Information Technology system by Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Health Care in the United States. Statements from chief executive officer William Nelson on the issue; Effects of the anthrax outbreak on the healthcare system; Creation of...
- Two joining Hall of Fame. Evans, Melanie // Modern Healthcare;1/10/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p16
Features the recipients of Health Care Hall of Fame in the U.S. for 2004. Characteristics of recipient Stuart Wesbury Jr.; Career background of Scott Parker Intermountain Health Care; Occupational achievements of Wesbury.
- HEALTH CARE. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/18/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p13
This section offers news briefs related to medical care in Utah. Intermountain Healthcare was chosen as one of the top integrated health systems in the U.S. The play "LiVe-This is Your Life," by Foodplay Productions will be presented by Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth. Doctor George L....
- IHC named nation's top integrated health care network. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/06/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p6
Reports on SMG Group's naming of Salt Lake City, Utah-based Intermountain Health Care as the nation's top integrated health care network.
- GETTING TO KNOW YOU. Mycek, Shari // Trustee;Apr2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p22
Discusses matters related to improving hospital board-physician relations in the U.S. Discussion on the culture of accountability of hospital boards and physicians; Significance of a constant and ongoing communication between the two parties; Strategy employed by Intermountain Health Care to...
- HEALTH CARE. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/1/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p14
This section offers news briefs concerning health care in Utah. Intermountain Healthcare has been selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by "Modern Healthcare" magazine. Tanner Clinic has partnered with FORTHGEAR to develop a new Web site designed to provide current and...