University of Arizona Readies Sale Amid State Budget Crunch
- St. Edward's Univ. Upgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p2
Reports that ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded the long-term debt rating of Saint Edward University in Texas as of February 2002. Ratings awarded to the university; Reasons for the upgradation.
- Moody's: New York City's private colleges must control their debt burdens. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30347, p6
Focuses on a warning by Moody's Investors Service to nine major private colleges in New York City to control their debt burdens. Fifty percent increase of the cumulative debt of the city's universities; Potential impact of the debt burden to the responsible colleges if the strong economy and...
- Moody's: Beleaguered Oakland School District's Rating at Risk. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p26
Reports that Oakland Unified School District in California faces a possible state takeover due to a million dollar budget shortfall and a possible downgrade in rating, according to the financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. General obligation debts of the district; Percentage...
- Cash Flow Woes Land Buffalo on Watch List. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p5
Reports on the plan of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to reduce funds allocated to Buffalo, New York. Budget shortage for Buffalo in the year 2001; Fiscal consequences of budget reduction; Dependency of the city on state aid; Difference in credit ratings assigned by Moody's Investors Service...
- Moody's: North Carolina Cities Look Stable, for Now. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p4
Reports the outlook of the Moody's Investor Service on the credit quality of North Carolina. Effect of state budget cuts on the revenues; Indication on the financial pressures of the state; Influence of the budget problems on the state rating.
- Budget positive. // Business News New Jersey;3/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p29
Reports that Moody's Investors Service voiced concern over the impact of municipal aid and school aid cuts on local budgets in New Jersey.
- Moody's Eyes Connecticut Localities in Light of Proposed Aid Cuts. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p25
Reports on the statement by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. according to which it will monitor measures taken by Connecticut Governor John Rowland towards reducing budgetary deficit. Special report of Moody's with regard to the credit strength of Connecticut; Impact of aid...
- Moody's weighs impact of cap repeal for private universities. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/12/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30207, p24
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's assessment of the impact on private research universities of a measure passed in the US Congress repealing a federal tax-exempt bond limit for nonprofit organizations. Negative consequences of an increase in new issuance and debt levels; Benefits of...
- Moody's: Less-Endowed Private Colleges Could See Credit Pressures. Z. Braun, Martin // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p42
Cites a Moody's Investors Service report on the financial outlook for private colleges and universities in the United States. Increased credit pressures for institutions with smaller endowments; Upgrades and downgrades on the sector; Lower returns on investments; Competition from less expensive...