Revitalization of Downtown K.C. Gets Another Opportunity
- Willow. Barnes, Kay // Poetry;May96, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p85
Presents the poem "Willow," by Kay Barnes.
- Seeing Through Glass in Venice. Barnes, Kay // International Poetry Review;Fall2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p90
Presents the poem "Seeing Through Glass in Venice," by Kay Barnes.
- Learning to navigate the crossroads. Elman, Carolyn B. // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p5
The author talks about retirement. She recalls her encounter with Kansas City's first woman mayor, Kay Barnes, who is serving her second term in a municipality with a two-term limit. She says that the most successful retirements are experienced by those who figure out their next steps, what will...
- MISSOURI. Combest, John // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jul2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p29
The article reports on the 2008 congressional election in Missouri. Incumbent Representative Sam Graves was first elected to fill the seat in subsequent years. In May 2007, former Kansas City Mayor Kay Barnes announced that she will seek the Democratic seat to face Graves. Barnes has attracted...
- Those Ol' Time Smears Aren't Working. Fairbanks, Eve // Politics (Campaigns & Elections);Aug2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p26
The article talks about the use of smear campaigns in U.S. politics. It recalls that Representative Sam Graves put out a smear campaign against his Democratic opponent Kay Barnes which shows a hallucinatory vision of what kind of dystopia the former fears that the latter will bring to Missouri....
- Rep. Graves on notice: Opponent makes it official. Youngman, Sam // Hill;5/15/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 57, p16
The article reports that former Kansas City mayor Kay Barnes has officially declared her congressional candidacy on May 14, 2007, to run against representative Sam Graves in Missouri's 6th district. Barnes has already completed her second term as mayor and is hoping to mount a serious challenge...
- IRS Grants PAB Carryforward Extension. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/20/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33252, p5
The article reports on the 45-day extension to carryforward the election for the unused private -activity bond (PAB) of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in New York City.
- Rise in Kansas Collections Lowers Projected Shortfall. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;4/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33295, p4
The article reports on the 14 million dollars worth of revenue for Kansas in March 2010, ahead of what was expected in the last projection.
- Taxes See a Mild Milestone. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33295, p9
The article reports on the 908 million dollars monthly revenue collections of Indiana in March 2010 which exceeded the monthly revenue of the same month in 2009.