XL Capital Ltd. Expecting $60 Million Net Loss in Fourth Quarter
- XL Parent Loses Arbitration, To Take $830M Charge. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;11/29/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32267, p6
The article reports on the plan of XL Capital Ltd., parent company of bond insurer XL Capital Assurance to take a net charge of approximately 830 million dollars in the fourth quarter because it lost its arbitration case with Winterthur Swiss Insurance in the U.S. The dispute between XL Capital...
- Expense-Burdened XL Capital Assurance Reports 2002 Net Loss of $5 Million. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p7
XL Capital Assurance Inc. reported a net loss of $5.25 million for 2002. For the fourth quarter of 2002, the net loss was $491,000. XLCA, a New York subsidiary of Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd., has reported two consecutive years of net losses. Chief financial officer Ed Hubbard said in a...
- XL Capital Posts Record Income. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p7
Reports on the net income of XL Capital Ltd., the Bermuda-based owner of bond insurer XL Capital Assurance Inc., for the second quarter of 2003. Sources of the net income; Gross premiums written by the company during the same period.
- XL Capital Assurance Reports 2Q Net Loss of $100,000. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31706, p28
Reports that XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA), a New York bond insurer ad subsidiary of Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd. has reported a net loss of $ 100,000 for the second quarter of 2003. Comments of the chief financial officer of XLCA; Difference in gross premiums written off in the second...
- XL Capital launches public finance,ABS holding company and IPO. D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p9
The article reports that XL Capital, an issuer of bonds, created Security Capital Assurance, a new holding company that will oversee its financial guaranty insurance and reinsurance businesses in the U.S. in 2006. An initial public offering has also been launched by XL Capital to finance the...
- XL Capital Assurance Appoints Former GMAC Executive as CFO. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32140, p6
This article focuses on Elizabeth Keys, chief financial officer of XL Capital Assurance Inc. Keys joined the firm on May 16, 2005 and assumed the position from former CFO Edward B. Hubbard, who last year was promoted to president and chief operating officer of XLCA. Arnold Brousell, controller...
- XL Capital Weighs Strategies to Shelter Subsidiaries' Ratings. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;12/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32277, p7
The article reports that XL Capital Ltd. is making efforts to make sure that the triple-A rating of its financial guarantor subsidiaries XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA) and XL Financial Assurance (XLFA), is not affected by any fall in the credit rating of the parent company. In the company's...
- CLARIFICATION. // Asset Securitization Report;8/18/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p6
A correction to the article misstating the name of bond issuer XL Capital Assurance Inc. published in the July 28, 2008 issue is presented.
- XL Capital Still Painted as Newcomers, With Yields to Match. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p22
Reports on the rating of insurer XL Capital Assurance in the U.S. Bonds issued by the company; Products offered.