The Trading Floor
- THE DREADED DOWNGRADE. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;01/07/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 42, p23
Focuses on the reliability of credit rating agencies in New York, New York. Decision of Standard and Poor's (S. and P) Corp.; Downgrade the General Motors (GM) Corp.; Impact of the rating on the GM; Advantages of rating agencies in determining available bonds; Influence of S. and P. and Moody's...
- Raters Disagree on Sovereign Ceiling: S&P won't follow Moody's lead on key LatAm restriction; Fitch waffles. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/18/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 24, pN.PAG
Reports that U.S. rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has announced that it will not follow the lead of Moody's Investors Service Inc. and remove the sovereign ceiling that restricts ratings on Latin American corporations. Appreciation of Moody's decision on alteration of its rating criteria;...
- Ratings Firms Turn Up the Heat. Rombel, Adam // Global Finance;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p40
Reports that credit ratings firms Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Services are implementing a series of changes to help them spot danger signs in corporate credit quality sooner and cut ratings faster. Possible changes that the ratings companies will pursue; Effect of the policy shifts...
- Rating Agencies Gear Up for More Scrutiny. Cornwell, Ted // Mortgage Servicing News;May2001, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p1
Discusses the changes implemented by rating agencies Moody's Investors Service, Fitch, and Standard & Poor's (S&P) in issuing formal servicer ratings in the United States. Addition of a select servicer seal by S&P to help listed servicers to further differentiate themselves; Addition of a plus...
- Cazalet attacks upgraded Friends rating. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;3/14/2002, p2
Reveals the criticism by Ned Cazalet against rating agencies Standard & Poor's and Moody's for upgrading Friends Provident's financial strength despite mounting liabilities and reduced excess capital. Amount of cash put by Friends Provident into its with-profits fund; Business loss of Friends...
- Moody's Realigns Analysts; Boicourt Named Head of Merged Team. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has realigned its infrastructure finance team to include analysts covering states and large cities in the United States. Goal to increase efficiency in serving clients; Renee Boicourt's appointment to the post of manager of the merged team.
- Moody's Changes Cleveland's Debt Outlook to Negative. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p6
Reports on the change of rating by rating agency Moody's Investors Services for Cleveland's general obligation debt issue. Ratings given to the issue by rating agency Standard & Poor's; Features of the bonds; Reason for change in ratings of the issue.
- Credit Rating: A Tough Business to Enter. // High Yield Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Relates the arguments of Moody's Investors Service against plans to accept new market entrants to the rating agency market.
- The role of the rating agencies. Bertrand, Marsha // World & I;Jul98, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on the role of debt-rating agencies. Example of premier debt-rating agencies; Criticisms on the failure of debt-rating agencies to give investors advance warning of the East Asian financial crisis; Problems met by Moody's Investors Service in giving warning to investors.