N.J. Governor to Address $2.9B Shortfall
- New Jersey Governor's Budget Balancing Draws Agency Attention. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p3
Focuses on the plans of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey for the fiscal budget of 2003. Impact of revenue shortfalls on the budget; Credit ratings set by Standard & Poor's Corp.
- N.J. Senate Panel, Awaiting Details, Sits on Budget Bill. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;6/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31415, p4
Reports the proposal of governor James E. McGreevey of a budget in New Jersey. Need for legislation increasing the cigarette tax to bridge the fiscal 2003 budget deficit; Lack of budget document available for the public to review; Assessment of alternative minimum tax on businesses.
- Time for Some Bipartisanship. // Business News New Jersey;2/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Announces the plans of governor James E. McGreevey to reduce the state budget of New Jersey. Reaction of the public to the plans; Responsibilities of a governor; Influence of Democrats in the State Senate.
- The Two Budget Deficits. // Business News New Jersey;5/6/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p18
Editorial. Comments on the debate over the state budget for fiscal 2003 in New Jersey. Business tax proposals of Governor James E. McGreevey; Factors contributing to the state budget deficit; Reduction in sales tax revenues.
- Eyeball to Eyeball over Solving the Deficit. Mulroy, Gene J. // njbiz;6/30/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p9
Looks at the issue of budget shortfall being faced by the state of New Jersey under the administration of Governor James E. McGreevey in 2003. Efforts of McGreevey in his aim to bring the budget into balance; Dispute between the Republicans and Democrats over the deficit issue; Impact of the...
- Here Come More Taxes. Taber, George M. // njbiz;11/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p30
Focuses on issues associated with the budget process in New Jersey. Projected state budget deficit by 2003; Views of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey on the projected increase in business taxes in the state.
- New Jersey Governer's $24 Billion Budget Seeks Return to 'Sanity'. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31567, p36
Reports on the state budget proposed by New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey on February 4, 2003. Measures taken by the budget to close a projected $5 billion deficit; Plans of state government regarding tobacco bond sales; Proposals of the governor regarding expenditure reductions;...
- N.J. Legislature Weighs Smaller Cigarette Tax Hike. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p28
Reports that the New Jersey lawmakers were debating whether or not to reduce the per-pack increase on cigarette taxes as proposed by Governor James E. McGreevey's fiscal 2005 budget. Impact of hike of cigarette taxes on bonds; Assessment of the structure of the borrowing; Evaluation of the budget.
- Education On the March. Taber, George M. // njbiz;3/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p12
Editorial. Comments on the budget cuts made by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey for higher education in the state for 2003. Reaction of state educational institutions to the budget cuts; Comments on the inability of schools to respond to an economic crisis.