- Debut Bond Underscores Shift In Policy. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Mar2003, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the economic conditions of Bahrain. Launch of sovereign bonds by the government in the international market; Placement of the government securities in countries outside the Middle East; Comparison of balance of trade of the country in 1999 and 2002.
- Low trade deficits cause dip in treasuries. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;08/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30214, p2
Reports on the impact of a decline in the United States' trade deficits in May and June 1997 on Treasury bond prices. Economists' prediction of a $10 billion trade gap; Estimated increased in second-quarter gross domestic product.
- The Yen Exchange Rate. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun99, p19
Focuses on the decline of the Japan's government bonds. Significance of the long-term yields in the United States (US); Comparison of the long-term yields in Japan and US; Increase of the surplus in Japan's trade balance on goods and services.
- Munis Unchanged, With Tone a Bit Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32486, p2
The article reports on the steadier and unchanged trading in the Municipal level of the U.S. security market, amidst market response to economic data of a widened trade deficit in August, and the lower jobless claims. A trader in New York stated that the firmer market in the municipal level is...
- Don't expect changes in 1987. Nagan, Peter S.; Kaufman, Kenneth A. // ABA Banking Journal;May87, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the condition of government securities in the U.S. Performance of the stock market compared to treasury bonds; Improvements in the trade balance; Support of consumer spending on the overall activity.
- Tunisia To Launch 7-Year Bond. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/29/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p17
Reports on the plan of the Tunisian government to launch a seven-year euro-denominated bond. Amount of the total external bond issuance of Tunisia in 2004; Rate of decline in its trade deficit in January 2004; Overview of the economic indicators of Tunisia.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, September 20. // Bond Buyer;09/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30980, p2
Summarizes the performance of the United States bond market, as of September 20, 2000. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply; United States trade deficit as indicator.
- U.S. Deficit Threatens Global Economy With 'Hard Landing' Cline, William R. // World Trade;Feb2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the increase in the U.S. trade deficit in 2005. Solution to achieve reduction in the trade deficit; Concerns on the purchase of U.S. government bonds by foreign central banks; Implications of the increase in the trade deficit for the global economy.
- Best buy: bonds or a money-market fund? Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;2/8/99, Vol. 91 Issue 50, p15
Offers advice in a question and answer format regarding money and investing as of February 8, 1999. Investing in an intermediate-term government bond versus a money-market fund; Impact of the rising trade deficit on the United States economy.