As Recession Goes on, So Does the List of Bonding Plans
- Moody's Drops Palm Beach Port Revenue Bonds to Junk. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;7/6/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33344, p3
The article reports on the decreased revenue bond ratings of the Port of Palm Beach in Bradenton, Florida, which reflects the ports volatile operations due to economic downturn.
- Diversification A Sound Strategy For Insurers. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/8/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p6
Looks at how insurance companies offset the effect of an economic recession in the United States by recalling credit issues of high yield bonds and commercial mortgages. Increase in stocks of insurance companies; What insurance companies cam do amid rising earnings and declining interest rates.
- Miami-Dade Wants $300M Deal Quickly, to Ease Economic Slump. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31238, p3
Reports the economic recession in Miami and Dade County in Florida. Estimate of the funds needed for economic recovery; Proposition of capital program and bond auction strategies; Identification of the sectors affected.
- S&P: Insurers Rode Out Recession Well, and Look Good Going Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p29
Focuses on the impact of economic recession on the earnings of various bond insurers in the U.S. Level of capital planning; Increase of competition; Analysis on the revenue growth of several firms.
- Australia's October Reign. Iyer, Gayatri // Private Placement Letter;10/25/2010, p1
The article reports that in October 2010, Australian issuers have priced seven private placement deals in the U.S. which has brought the 2010 tally of Australian deals in the U.S. to 14. The increased number of deals has been credited to the liquidity in the U.S. market and also because the...
- Rebounding Honolulu Ready to Sell $150 Million in GOs Tuesday. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p3
Reports the sale of the state general obligation bonds in Honolulu, Hawaii. Implications of the sale for the rebounding economy; Uses of the sale proceeds; Impact of the recession in California and the United States continental to the economy of the state.
- As Southwest Resumes Business, It Uncovers Some Costly Plans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31229, p1
Reports the approval of big bond packages by city and state governments despite the possibility of economic recession in the United States. Impact of the terrorist attack on the World; Passage of the final ballot language for a general obligation bond referendum; Use of the bond for road projects.
- GEKKO. Dizard, John // National Review;10/9/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p31
The article presents opinions on business-related issues in the U.S. in 1995. It argues that the beginning of a recession has a negative effect on bonds. It presents outlook for the future of bankruptcy professionals.
- Higher Grounds. Keefe, John // Plan Sponsor;Nov2010, p8
The article traces the performance of high-yield bonds in the U.S. since 2007. In line with the conventional thinking that high-yield bonds will be affected by a recession, the market indeed setback in 2008, but it roared back in 2009. High-yield bonds then showed a cumulative return of more...