Cincinnati's Sabin Center Set For Growth
- A glimpse into the abyss. Gunter, Lorne // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p8
Discusses a report on federal and provincial debt published by Toronto's C.D. Howe Institute which warns that huge deficits and rapidly growing debt have brought the country to the threshold of fiscal crisis. Predictions of Howe Institute; Problems facing Canadian government; Concerns over...
- The national debt ceiling. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct95, p15
Reports on the United States public debt as of October 1995. Public debt and debt limit for the periods June 1, 1987 to October 31, 1987, July 1, 1989 to November 30, 1990, April 1, 1993 to August 31, 1993 and July 1, 1995 to November 30, 1995.
- How big is your share of government debt? Croushore, Dean // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);Nov/Dec90, p3
Examines whether a taxpayer's taxes will go up to pay for the government debt. A glimpse on the government debt; The government's tangible assets and net worth; An overview of the government capital budgeting; Conclusion. INSET: Capital budgeting and social security..
- Can the government roll over its debt forever? Abel, Andrew B. // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);Nov/Dec92, p3
Discusses the feasibility of rolling over government debt forever. Factors that contribute to the growth of government debt over the time; The relationship between government deficits and the growth rate of government debt; Implications of having an interest rate lower than the growth rate of...
- Wayne County Gives Initial Nod To $700M for Justice Complex. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;10/25/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33404, p3
The article reports on the approval of 700 million dollars of debt by the Board of Commissioners in Wayne County, Michigan to build a large new criminal justice complex in downtown Detroit and to tap the country's full allocation of the stimulus debt.
- Comptroller: Unpaid Obligations Haunt Illinois Into FY 2012. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/11/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33546, p32
The article reports on the financial challenges faced by Illinois in 2011 following its 7.4 billion U.S. dollars unpaid obligations including 3.8 billion in bills owed to health care providers, transit agencies and schools.
- Playing the debt card. Glass, Andrew J. // New Leader;9/11/95, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p3
Examines the possible financial impact of the increasing American public debt. Effect on the 1996 budget; Political issues involved in the debt problem; President Bill Clinton's approach in easing the debt problem; Conflict between the Clinton Administration and the Republican-led Congress on...
- Federal Borrowing. // Congressional Digest;Feb95, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p38
Focuses on United States federal debt. Pre-1982 federal debt; Interest rates; Effects of public debt on future economic growth; Effect of debt finance on future living standards; Foreign versus local investments.
- Fighting the debt; tax credit for kids. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/29/95, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p7A
Opinion. Presents suggestions for the elimination of US federal debt. Surcharge to income tax payments; Division of the debt among the number of Americans; Proposal for the Marcus child-credit plan.
- Batkdoor costs. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/29/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p4
In this article the author reflects on the backdoor borrowing methods adopted by New York.