O'Hare Expansion Plan Will Be Heading to Congress
- Yet Another O'Hare Delay. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/2/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33475, p9
No abstract available.
- Gary airport is a statewide issue. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p17
Focuses on the legislative bill endorsing the expansion of the O'Hare Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Implications of the bill for the state of Indiana; Support from senator Evan Bayh; Details on the airline regulation and federal government subsidies.
- Feds eye airport controls. Hinz, Greg; Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;04/02/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on a proposal by lawmakers to allow the United States Congress and the administration of President George W. Bush to take control of the decision to build runways at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Republican Senator Ted Stevens's plan to introduce legislation to...
- McCain's in the control tower now. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;09/25/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p4
Reports on United States Senator John McCain's involvement in the public debate over the proposed expansion of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois, as of September 25, 2000. Campaign of McCain against airlines and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration's efforts to block the...
- Advice to Senate: Ignore Fitzgerald, back O'hare. Crain, Rance; Blake, David; Reed, Robert; Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;4/1/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p10
Focuses on the role of Senator Peter Fitzgerald on the expansion of O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Proposal of federal regulatory reviews and bureaucratic hearings; Responsibility on political, corporate and civic interest; Indication of air traffic systems.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. Bazan, Thomas J. // First Reading (Legislative Research Unit);Dec2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
New laws lay the basis for building a major airport in Will County to reduce crowding at O'Hare; make several changes in telecommunications, electric, and gas utility regulation; and make adjustments in the regulation of video gaming and charitable games. Other new laws tighten pawnbroker...
- CTA Officially Gets Its TIFIA from Feds. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;2/05/2015, p38
The article reports on the federal loan received by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) as of February 2015 under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance Innovation Act for the renovation of a major light-rail line. Topics include the plan of the CTA to use the loan to complete the overhaul of...
- The Kirk straddle: so far so good. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/31/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p0002
The article reports on the first anniversary of U.S. Republican Senator Mark Kirk's election as he followed the long-term protocol to replace U.S. President Barack Obama in the Senate seat in Illinois. Kirk has established a solid relationship with his Democratic colleague Richard Durbin on...
- O'Hare Expansion Foes Blast DuPage Move. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p29
Reports on the criticism of Illinois' DuPage County's decision to not to oppose the runway expansion plan at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Possible reasons for the change in position.