Kentucky Raises Bond Authorization of Student Loan Agency
- Proposed Kentucky law to increase borrowing authority for college loans. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p32
Focuses on the proposed bill that increases the borrowing authority of the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corp. Recognition of the need to generate more student loan dollars; Importance of HB 46 for officials to continue the borrowing program; Need for Senate action assigned to the...
- Katherine Vogt, Higher Education Student Loan Corp. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p66
Presents the views of Katherine Vogt, vice president of finance for the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corp., on the bond program of the corporation. Provision of loan opportunities to students; Existence of general bond resolutions; Details on the bonding cycle.
- Kentucky Student Loan Agency Goes to Market With $202 Million Offering. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p4
Reports that the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corp. will bring to the municipal bond market $202 Million of tax-exempt revenue bonds on August 10, 2004. Credit ratings; Investment banks involved in municipal bond deals; Importance of timing in the sale of the bonds.
- Ky. Bond Purchase Will Provide Bridge for Student Loan Program. // Community College Week;9/8/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the plan of Kentucky state officials to buy a $50 million bond to aid the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation in 2008, also known as The Student Loan People. Governor Steve Beshear said that the bond will serve as a short term action until federal funding...
- Kentucky Higher Ed Agency Pricing $225 Million to Take Out Failed ARS. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33335, p8
The article reports on the aspects of the first municipal bond deal of Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corp. in two years at the auction-rate securities(ARS) market in the U.S. The said deal will enable Kentucky to price 225 million dollars of revenue to take out its failed ARS. It...
- Patton's Next Campaign. Cillizza, Chris // National Journal;7/10/99, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p2036
Profiles Kentucky Governor Paul E. Patton. Views of Patton on the University of Kentucky; Successes of Patton in Kentucky politics; Significance of the 1999 elections to Patton's political career.
- Campaign quizzes. Mudd, David // Louisville Magazine;Nov95, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p35
Presents an interview with Paul Patton, a candidate for governor of Kentucky. Reasons for wanting to be a governor; Impressions on Larry Forgy; Emphasis on the issue of competence.
- Kentucky governor signs order protecting GLBT state employees. // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/5/2003, Issue 806, p28
Reports on the signing of an executive order prohibiting discrimination against state government employees or job applicants on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity by Kentucky governor Paul Patton. Exempted public institutions or agencies that order may not be imposed; Comment of...
- With No Budget in Place for New Year, Kentucky Governor Takes Drastic Step. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31418, p3
Reports the approval of an executive order for fiscal budget by Governor Paul Patton in Kentucky. Amount of the approved budget; Coverage of the approved budget; Failure of lawmakers to create a fiscal budget.