Virginia Senate Forwards $1.35 Billion In Bond Legislation to Governor's Desk
- Democrats' Bill Would Penalize States That Slash Higher
Education. Hammer, Ben; Lane, Kristina // Black Issues in Higher Education;12/18/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p6
Reports on a bill proposed by Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives that would penalize states that will reduce financial support for public higher education. Details of the legislation; Sponsors of the bill; Significance of the bill in preventing tuition increase.
- Clarke tops fees with concessions. // Adults Learning;Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p4
Presents information on the second reading of the Higher Education Bill in Great Britain. Details on the allocation of education fees initiated by Education Secretary Charles Clarke; key points of the Higher Education Bill; Concessions included in the bill.
- New Higher Education Bill published. Hubbard, Ben // Education (14637073);1/9/2004, Issue 126, p1
Reports the publication of a new higher education bill by the British government in January 2004. Purpose of the bill; Advantage to students from poor families; Reactions to the bill.
- Hot issues are absent as deadlines approach. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;02/15/99, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p10
Expresses concern on the lack of major legislative issues in Indiana in the 1999 session. Lack of discussion on the relative merits of providing the record amounts of additional funding for higher education; Absence of hearing on tax reform or tax cut bills.
- Oklahoma Lawmakers Expect to Pass $500M Higher Ed Bill Quickly. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, p31
Reports on the higher education bond bill passed by the House in Oklahoma. Parties involved in the negotiation of the bond bill; Use of lottery revenues for debt service for the bonds; Outlook of rating agencies on the bonds.
- We Need to Invest in Education. Antonucci, Robert V.; Gomes, Terrence A. // BusinessWest;1/7/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p12
The authors reflect on the importance of investing to public higher education system for the economic development in Massachusetts. The filing of a $2-billion capital bond bill to finance infrastructure projects for public colleges and universities by Deval Patrick, the state's governor, is...
- Bills Moving. // Education Digest;Apr1965, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p55
The article presents information about a bill aiding higher education in the U.S. This bill, when examined carefully, turns out to offer a significant amount of aid also to school systems. There is direct aid, to be sure, to those systems that operate junior colleges or two-year technical...
- Fast Tracking My Bill to Increase Higher Education Funding. Torrico, Alberto // La Prensa San Diego;11/25/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p7
In this article the author calls on the legislators to take faster action to the AB 656 bill to increment higher education funding in California. He asserts that the bill would implement fees from oil and natural gas severance in which the revenues will go directly to higher education. He notes...
- Virginia Governor Signs Bills for Higher Ed,VRA. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32359, p4
The article reports that Virginia Governor Timothy M. Kaine has signed into law a bill authorizing the state's treasury board to issue up to 395.4 million in double-barreled general obligation bonds for capital projects at institutions of higher education. The higher education debt legislation...