Massachusetts Transport Agency Must Pick Its Priorities
- In Boston, MBTA unveils a milestone car. // Railway Age;Sep93, Vol. 194 Issue 9, p54
Reports on the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's unveiling of its first a.c. propulsion rapid transit car. Cost; Guests during the ceremony.
- S&P upgrades Massachusetts' GO rating. // Bond Buyer;10/30/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30263, p40
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to upgrade the rating of Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's (MBTA) general obligation debt. Reasons for the upgrade from AA-minus to AA-plus; MBTA's debt as an obligation of the commonwealth; State's credit position.
- New credit gets on track. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30830, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's proposed financing structures. Scheduled meetings with rating agency analysts; Responsibility for paying the authority's net cost of service and for debt service for additional bonds.
- MBTA plans $360 million of debt for rest of '97. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/09/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30183, p2
Reports on the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's plans to issue about $370 million of bonds and notes by the second half of 1997.
- Believe it or not, the Portland-to-Boston train is ready to roll. // New Hampshire Business Review;07/14/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p9
Reports on the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's approval of a plan allowing trains to run from New Hampshire to Portland, Maine. Agreement with the Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority to fix the tracks along the commuter rail tracks in Massachusetts; Feasibility of the...
- Boston may get costly new railroad tunnel. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/24/94, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p22
Reports on plans of the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority to improve the railroad system of Boston. Proposed underground tunnel network; Cost; Schedule of bidding.
- MBTA Looks to Hike Deal Size; New Money or Refunding Could Drive Sale to $750M. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p32
Reports the plans of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to sell bonds. Proceeds of the sale; Amount of bonds the authority will sell; Schedule on the pricing of the bonds.
- WEBSITE LAUNCHED FOR SOLUTIONS TO PROPOSED MBTA FARE HIKE. // Online Product News;Sep2009, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p8
The article reviews the web site Help Fill the MBTA's Deficit Hole from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), located at http://ibert.org/mbta.
- MBTA FIRST IN NEW ENGLAND TO POWER FLEET WITH CLEAN DIESEL. // Industrial Environment;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p8
Reports that the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority has entered into an agreement with Sprague Energy to receive Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel fuel for its buses.