Virginia Governor Set to Approve Brownfields Remediation Legislation
- SENATE APPROVES BROWNFIELDS BILL. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/07/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p15
Reports the approval of a legislative bill for the renovation of brownfields to development sites in the United States. Implication of the bill enactment for President Bush position on pollution; Authorization of grants to establish state and tribal brownfield programs; Provision of liability...
- MEGA's role is issue for brownfield expansion. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p7
Focuses on bills on expansion of the brownfield redevelopment program in Michigan. Provisions of the bill; Role of Michigan Economic Growth Authority (MEGA) in the approval of single-business-tax credits; Concern of the business sector over the role of MEGA; Support of the Michigan...
- Congress Passes Bush-Backed Brownfields Cleanup Bill. // Occupational Hazards;Feb2002, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p26
Reports developments on the legislation of the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act in the United States. Passage of the bill before the closing of congressional session; Development of contaminated and abandoned industrial sites; Assessment of the environmental...
- Brownfield bills would give breaks to many. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;04/17/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p33
Reports on the stipulations of proposed legislation in Michigan to expand the state's brownfield-redevelopment program. Addition of provisions aimed at potential tax breaks for companies; Significant expansion of the state's primary economic-development tax incentive program.
- State fiscal crisis buried key brownfield measure. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p10A
Reports that companies and investors are wary about redeveloping Indiana's brownfield sites. Concerns about lingering liability; Effect of the state's budget deficit; Senate bills which aim to make it more feasible to clean up and reuse brownfield sites. INSET: Brownfields corp wilts..
- New Brownfields Law Falls Short. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;3/25/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 12, p14
Provides information on the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act signed by U.S. President George W. Bush on January 11, 2002. Purpose of the legislation; Parties exempted in the small-business portion of the legislation from liability; Symbolic importance of the...
- TOPICS is Brought to You by Virginia Resources Authority. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;1/12/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that Virginia Resources Authority is seeking a skilled professional to support administration and finance.
- TOPICS is Brought to You by Virginia Resources Authority. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;1/12/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on an advertisement by Director of Administration & Finance of the Virginia Resources Authority for a skilled professional to manage staff and provide administrative support.
- Virginia Localities Find VRA a `Pleasant Borrowing Experience'. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30908, p30
Reports on the loans available from the Virginia Resources Authority. Construction of environmental infrastructure like sewer and drinking water facilities; Popularity of revolving funds.