Bondholders in Clear as IRS, International Paper Co. Settle
- IRS Auditing $3.19B of Tennessee Gas Bonds. Jennifer DePaul // Bond Buyer;5/30/2012, p4
The article reports on the 3.19 billion dollars of gas project revenue bonds issued by Tennessee Energy Acquisition Corp. (TEAC) in 2006, which is audited by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- IP Receives $71.6 Million for Alternative Fuel. // Official Board Markets;3/28/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the excise tax credit for the alternative fuel received by International Paper Co. (IP) from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. The article states that the $71.6 million refund is generated from its 15 alternative fuel mixture mills operations from November 14, 2008 to...
- IRS Closes Audit of Arkansas Solid-Waste Debt With No Change. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;11/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33000, p5
The article reports on the initiative of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to close its audit of $15 million of exempt-facilities bonds issued by the Arkansas Development Finance Authority in 2001. It is stated that the borrower Waste Management Inc. received a letter stating that IRS closed...
- Containerboard firm values could jump 50-100% in MLP tax structure, fund says. // PPI Pulp & Paper Week;7/25/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p10
The article focuses on the move of Perry Capital, a hedge fund company, to invest in containerboard producers to increase the companies' valuation by 50% to 100%. Topics include the move of the company to increase its stake in International Paper (IP) and Packaging Corp. of America (PCA), the...
- Agencies hold top execs responsible in audits. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;12/26/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 246, p2
Reports that guidelines have been issued to banking officials in the United States, requiring them to supervise internal audits personally. Names of the agencies responsible for issuing the guidelines; Factors which prompted the issuance of the guidelines; Details on a letter released by...
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.