Colorado House OKs $20B Road Plan, Minus Toll Measure
- Denton transportation summit to address Metroplex needs. Auer, Tonie // Fort Worth Business Press;03/17/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p4
Reports that the transportation summit at the University of North Texas Student Union in Denton County, Texas will address the issue of urban mobility in metropolitan communities. Road improvement plans addressing future growth; National and regional trends in urban mobility; Texas Department...
- Democratizing transportation. Yee, Cameron // Earth Island Journal;Fall95, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the distribution of the cost-and-benefit effects of transportation on different socio-economic groups in the United States. Transportation policies as focusing on reducing automobile use; Valuing people's time as part of equity analysis; Building more roads to accommodate...
- From turmoil, DART takes shape. Middleton, William D. // Railway Age;Sep94, Vol. 195 Issue 9, p67
Focuses on the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), the government agency in Dallas, Texas in charge of urban transportation. Background information; Railroad transportation system of Dallas; Plans for expansion to meet increased demand. INSETS: The DART starter system: Vital statistics.;The DART...
- FROM CANAL LOCK TO GRIDLOCK. Bagwell, Philip // History Today;Aug2001, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p26
Discovers the origins of Great Britain's transport crisis. Three critical periods in the 20th century when the merits of public or private ownership of Great Britain's railways were debated; Consequence of the Transport Act of 1921; Main obstacle to the steady advance of coastal traffic.
- The economics of driving. Scarry, Donald M. // Central New Jersey Business;1/11/95, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p24
Opinion. Criticizes the proposal of a representative of the Environmental Defense Fund for a `Regionwide Congestion Pricing Strategy.' Implications of the proposal; Arguments against the proposal.
- DOT to expand shuttle bus service. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;05/26/97, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p5
Reports that Westchester County, New York's launching of new loops will provide local businesses with expanded shuttle-bus service to Metro-North Railroad stations. Increase in federal funding and ridership; Larger employers that expressed interest in seeing more shuttle service after planning...
- Tfl to review loading bay cuts. // Cabinet Maker;8/19/2005, Issue 5452, p3
Reports that Transport for London, the transportation agency of Brixton, London, England mayor's office, is to reconsider plans to discard loading bays along Brixton Road. Driving force behind the move; Proposal of the government to replace two bays with a single red line; Objection of furniture...
- Pollution problems call for planned parking. Smith, Mary // American City & County;Aug94, Vol. 109 Issue 9, p36
Discusses strategies for mitigating vehicular pollution in cities. Establishment of comprehensive parking plans; Development of trip reduction plans; Mandating of electric vehicle programs.
- Urban mobility and private car dependency. Howe, John // Urban Forum;1995, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
Explores trends in urban mobility in South Africa. Dependence on private car transport for mobility; Need to focus public policy on public transport and non-motorized forms of movement; Implications for the pattern and control of land use; Environmental considerations that must be made in urban...