N.Y. MTA's Refinancing Ready to Roll
- LETTERS. Durso, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/28/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 15, p15A
The author reflects on the move by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to allocate $30 billion on capital investments. He says that MTA is like former President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who initiated the Works Progress Administration (WPA) to provide programs for unemployed Americans....
- MTA Eyes Rans to Close Gap From Withheld Subsidies. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;5/25/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33322, p3
The article reports on the possibility of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to sell revenue anticipation notes (RANS) to close gap from New York's withholding of subsidies.
- As L.A. subway faces funding end, officials ponder why and how. Rosta, Paul // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/07/98, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p13
Reports on the suspension of the light rail projects in Los Angeles, California. Capital invested on the project; Achievements of Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA); Why other veterans blamed MTA board politics for icing the subway program.
- Subcontractors Say L.A. Agency Owes $25 Million on Subway Jobs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/12/98, Vol. 241 Issue 14, p11
States that Metropolitan Transportation Authority, the agency that manages a subway construction project in Long Angeles, California owes $25 million to subcontractors. Controversies surrounding the construction project; Details on the problems of the project.
- Doing business with the MTA. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p11
Reports on the workshops launched by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority designed to provide information for women and minority entrepreneurs on how to bid on the agency's contracts to be held in Westchester County, New York. Organizations sponsoring the workshop; Topics that will be...
- Next stop censorship: A facial challenge to the... Garvey, Michael J. // St. John's Law Review;Spring98, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p485
Examines the constitutionality of the United States Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (MTA) advertising standards. Details on the adopted standards and the procedure by which the MTA intends to implement them; Discussion on MTA as state actor; Observation on the MTA advertising spaces as...
- Poetry in motion. Torrens, James S. // America;7/6/1996, Vol. 175 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on the commitment of the Metropolitan Transit Authority of the United States to the dissemination of poetry in every car and bus. History of th program, Poetry in Motion; Information on the book `Poetry in Motion: 100 Poems from the Subways and Buses.'
- MTA seatless ride. McCollough, Antia // New York Amsterdam News;8/14/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 34, p16
The article reports on the move of Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) to work on a new program that will allow for an 18% hike of people per car as a pilot program in the U.S. According to a representative from MTA, the pilot program allows for more people to fit in a car. Moreover, it is...
- A course worth PREPping for. McKanic, Arlene; McCoy-Pinderhughes, Paula // Black Enterprise;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p58
Focuses on Preparing for Profit course, created by the United States Metropolitan Transportation Authority, which helps prepare small business owners. What the course can provide; Lessons that can be learned from the classes; Business owners who have gone through the course; Course cost.