SCIENTIFIC INVESTIGATION AND RELIGIOUS UNCERTAINTY 1880-1900
- In brief... Schroeder, Ken // Education Digest;Dec95, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p74
Offers suggestions by Ken Jacobsen, wellness consultant and counselor at University of Northern Iowa's Counseling Center. Details; AIDS quilt at schools; Heading for injury; More tidbits.
- Miscommunications. Shearer, Kent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/17/96, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p23
Focuses on developments in the United States, for the week ending June 17, 1996. Includes the Democratic primary contest in Colorado; Provo Councilmember Shari Holweg's taping of her telephone conversations with colleagues.
- The bulletin 100 years ago. Schluter, Kevin // Bulletin with Newsweek;07/23/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6030, p10
Features various events which happened during July 18, 1896. Includes Absolute slavery in Westralia; Construction of a silver-plated bicycle with gold and ivory handle-bars owned by an American millionaire-cyclist.
- Update. Master, Rachel S. // Business Press;5/19/95, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p2
Reports on how Le Chardonnay restaurant in Fort Worth plans to celebrate its ninth birthday. Statistics on ticket sales by the Haven Charity House; Details on raffle; Comment on Holly Neal of Ebby Halliday Real Estate Incorporated.
- Round up `95. Duby, Christopher // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/25/95, Vol. 34 Issue 52, p11
Looks at events for the year 1995 in Fairfield County. Summary of events.
- Main station takes home two golds for healthcare. Collins, Allison F. // Business Press;6/2/95, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p8
States that Main Station Advertising in Fort Worth won two awards at the American National Health Care Advertising Awards. Comment of Janet Forehand marketing director of Main; Pingel Public relations agency chosen by Disaster Recovery Services in Fort Worth; Reason.
- 1996: A year in review...in advance. Andrew, Joe // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/1/96, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p4B
Speculates on events likely to happen in 1996. Indiana House Democrats to elect John Gregg; Declaration by Rex Early; Comment by Senator Bob Garton; Return of former Indianapolis Minister and Congressman Bill Hudnut; Other significant information.
- 100 years ago/September 21, 1895. Schluter, Kevin // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/26/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5989, p10
Reports on world events that took place on September 21, 1895. Includes the death of John Roper, the last survivor of an expedition from Brisbane, Queensland to Port Essington; Banning of female cyclists in Chicago, Illinois showing their calves or necks while pedalling; Proposal of the New...
- Bad sports. Pleszczynski, Wladyslaw // American Spectator;Feb96, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p82
Presents brief news reports from Washington. Speculation about relationship between Bob Dole and Newt Gingrich; Opinion of Washington Redskins quarterback Heath Shuler; Comments from Shuler.